New knife design... "The Crocodile"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I'm not sure kydex would suit! I think a more classic leather would be better IMO. Are the first 10 all spoken for?

I think it does need Kydex. Solid retention and will not rot. Its not pretty, but it is functional and you don't want to have to baby a hard utility knife.

I think it needs both. A hybrid design.

FllknivenCustomF-101.jpg

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
For the sheath how about kydex. Can be made modular to carry bits and you can alter the carry to suit the user.

I was looking at the sheath JD posted below... and think it would work well.... but i have a real urge to use crocodile skin printed leather... just to fit in with the theme :D

Nice 'n' slicey :)

Yep, like that one. Looks a good blade shape.

Thanks mate :)

Now that Mark, is one of the most impressive designs I've seen in many a year. It's not often a knife design really makes me sit up and take notice, as, like you, I've seen bazillions. But this one does.

Clem mate, you need to order one of these so I can have a play. The handle, blade shape and swell look like it has a perfect ergonomic symmetry. Something it's very difficult to achieve.

Cheers JD :)

I've held this knife and I have to say it is as comfortable as it is good looking.. even with my dodgy pinky after breaking it it still feels "right". love it :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks Rach :)

I'm not sure kydex would suit! I think a more classic leather would be better IMO. Are the first 10 all spoken for?

None of them are spoken for yet mate....:)

I think it needs both. A hybrid design.

FllknivenCustomF-101.jpg

As i said to Johnny above, be nice with croc print leather i reckon :D

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Not yet mate, it all depends on the sheath...With the materials used though, its likely to be in the £250 to £300 price range. :)

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I've seen that... but thats a snake skin pattern... no reason i can't design another based along those lines though..... ;)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Maybe you could put in a real croc skin inlay into the holster. I was thinking along the same lines for my knife with snake.

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I like that a lot. My only worry for my kind of use is the lack of a finger guard. I do press the point forward when my hands are wet, red and sticky.

Other than that I think it's a winner.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Cheers mate :) While there is no large finger guard, the ramp at the top of the handle, works in combination with the lower bit, which acts to do a similar job as to what a larger lower guard would do on its own. :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That's a lovely looking piece of kit Mr Hill. Design, materials, execution and outcome all look pretty darn splendid.

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Cheers mate :) While there is no large finger guard, the ramp at the top of the handle, works in combination with the lower bit, which acts to do a similar job as to what a larger lower guard would do on its own. :)

I know what you mean about the thumb ramp. My stalker sells pretty well. But it has quite a specific use:

I'm normally doing an Empire Strikes back when I get into deer over winter.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I do like the idea of a small lower guard on a longer model I must admit. Nothing huge but its very reassuring on a utility knife :)

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
That's a lovely looking piece of kit Mr Hill. Design, materials, execution and outcome all look pretty darn splendid.

Cheers mate :)

I know what you mean about the thumb ramp. My stalker sells pretty well. But it has quite a specific use:

I'm normally doing an Empire Strikes back when I get into deer over winter.

:), its a good design mate.

I do like the idea of a small lower guard on a longer model I must admit. Nothing huge but its very reassuring on a utility knife :)

There will be other designs coming out of the workshop soon enough.... ;)

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Now that Mark, is one of the most impressive designs I've seen in many a year. It's not often a knife design really makes me sit up and take notice, as, like you, I've seen bazillions. But this one does.

Clem mate, you need to order one of these so I can have a play. The handle, blade shape and swell look like it has a perfect ergonomic symmetry. Something it's very difficult to achieve.
Had I the funds, I would for sure JD mate :-D lol It's a cracking looking piece of kit for sure!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE