Nessmuks available?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I've finished it mow, just needs a few more rub downs with Tung oil and a sheath of course.

BessyDone1.jpg

BessyDone2.jpg

It will look better when it has had some use. Still I'm pleased with it for a first effort and thanks again to those who just about made it for me!

ATB

Tom

PS It swings really good, but until the sheath is made and I can do a couple of pics for posterity I'm loathe to use it, tart that I am

Last edited:
P

Pcwizme

Thats fab, got my mind going mental now, i might have to have a go at something like that soon, but maybe a little smaller!

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Nah, Bigger!!!

I can't wait to get it in a sheath and start usuing it. The Aktis MoD sheath is just two narrow so it looks like I will have to wait until I have made one.

ATB

Tom

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Just as I thought...:eek: what an abomination...I'll PM you my address so you can send it to me, so that I can hang it on my belt with pride.....herm, I mean, hide it in the darkest corner of the shed...:D

Lovely job you've done Tom, you should be proud of it. goodjob

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Ah, you've made me blush!

Cheers folks, the feed backs made me want to start on a second knife, once I have the sheath sorted.

Not having the cash or fancy the waiting list I've always fancied a Skookum Bush Tool, anybody have a link to a tutorial on making a clone?

I'm not saying its easy, even with lots of help and advice but I am chuffed with the results!

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Bloody hell! That was quick!

I don't suppose you have drawings for the outer tail ribs for a 1938 "Butterfly" sport biplane rubber powered model as designed by J. E. Leadbetter? The sheet of drawings only shows the inner rib...

;-{D)

Thanks anyroad, just the job!

ATB

Tom

Rory McCanuck

Dec 25, 2009
Manitoba, Canada
I've been following this thread, eagerly awaiting the finished product. It has
turned out just beautifully! You have a lovely, useful tool there Tom.
One of the nicest "community made" projects I've ever seen. You should
all be proud :You_Rock_

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Sorry, just realised that I hadn't put up a pic of the stop gap wooden sheath I made for it here. A mate had given me some Russian (why theat significant I don't know) birch ply and using the shiny new bench fret saw and the belt sander it was incredibly easy to make. I used model aircraft grade wood glue so it is remarkably strong and the oil etc won't effect the joints.

Sheath02.jpg

I've actually grown quiet fond of it (since oiled it a few times so its a bit prettier) so am thinking of incorperating it in the final design.

ATB

Tom

Last edited:

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
For various reasons but mainly through being lazy and having become fond of the birch ply sheath I decided to make a suspension... thing, to hold it from what I had available, to whit some 1/2 inch wide 1/8 veg tan stap.

NessyCarry02.jpg

I haven't decided how to stop the pointy end slipping off yet and am still looking for the pair of brass rings I salvaged off a old gas mask case but when finished it will be something akin to the early empire Roman military dagger suspension system with a narrow adjustable shoulder strap atached to each side on rings. Sort of.

ATB

Tom

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
Excellent Job mate! that is very nice!

As i am nearing to being up-and-running workshop wise again, this has seriously inspired me to make a larger nessie.

I think there is a space in the backpack for long trips for one about 7" long and if i get the grind right will be excellent for kitchen work and chopping. Thick steel back full flat grind for a thin enough convex edge to slice.

A limbing axe has an blade profile in the last 2" good enough to slice food and ive felled tree's with them. so the edge if i get it right should be able to chop small stuff.

Cheers dude for the inspiration

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE