Name badges ?????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
RB, thats a fantastic idea,
I had been thinking of doing something for myself along similar lines - with the thought process that if I did it, others might follow. The problem of multiple identities at a moot can be more than a little confusing so a name badge would ease the situation.
I've seen name tapes much that same as US forces are portrayed on TV, black embroidery on a green, edged badge/tape, surely they'd fit the bill.
I don't want to hurl this in Tony's face straight off, but perhaps it is something that could be offered as part of a membership deal, at extra cost of course. BCUK logo and a name, say a base cost for so many, with extras at a fixed price per unit over that.

Perhaps I've jumped the gun on this but in my mind, its a winner.

ATB

Ogri the trog

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
A great idea RB,

Ours come in handy on meets etc. - I'm rubbish at "faces to names in a crowd"

411806869_27e7741934.jpg

Red

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
It would be worst of all with the members who have the cartoon avatars - I'd probably die of shock if Toddy didn't resemble an extra from South Park and I'd expect British Red to have hairy ears at least...... :lmao:

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
I think the good thing about the L.S.G. badges is the simplicity in the design, single colour thread, no fancy patterns and very little wastage of backing material.

And the price was really keen as well.

LS

Rod

On a new journey
To quote the all time classic western Blazing Saddles: "Badges! Badges! we don't need no stinking badges!"

I don't! we should be able to introduce ourselves to one another without "Oh that's Rod simply must talk to him",or "oh s*** not that a***, I'm out of here!".

We are all part of the collective :borgsmile

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
To quote the all time classic western Blazing Saddles: "Badges! Badges! we don't need no stinking badges!"

lol i still want one .......... :werd:

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi a name badge i made for a brother of the road son bedroom door .
The top and bottom rocks and eagle are hand tooled in veg tanned leather.
cheers topknot.
lastscanhazl8.jpg

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
British Red said:
A great idea RB,

Ours come in handy on meets etc. - I'm rubbish at "faces to names in a crowd"

411806869_27e7741934.jpg

Red
Who made those Red ?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Guy on LSG has a wife who does such things for a fantastic price. She has one of those industrial programmable machines that produces them. For a small run its a matter of a few quid a badge (personalised)

You could PM English Herts on here or PM me and I'll put you in touch

Red

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I like the idea of a Name badge it would definately help at moots.:D

Typical though, I already have a name badge on my old Army combat shirt only thing is its my last name not my first.:rolleyes:

These are similar to what Ogri was talking about!

Attachments

• 100_1075.JPG
    100_1075.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 179

david1

Nomad
Mar 3, 2006
sussex
I just ordered a machine that would make name badges just like you want I think :)
I wont get it for three weeks. size will do anything upto 5 by 8 inches could do a bushcraft badge with name on it. I guess I might need permision to use logo ? will someone pm the correct way to find out what I must do. I will be looking to make something from this too I need to pay for machine but my time is free.

David

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE