My wife's reaction to a new knife...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
The postie stopped me in the street & gave me a parcel, courtesy of jimmypie on BB, I opend it and was confronted with the biggest knife I've ever seen(rat rtak 11).

My wife saw it & said " what on earth are you going to do with that ?"

I replied while giggling like a naughty school boy, " I don't know, but I like it !"

She says, " so, you've swopped an axe you don't want, for a knife you don't know what to do with ?, men...."

Rob

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
HE-he, that made me giggle by proxy. Also made me think of #87 on Skippy's List - 87. If the thought of something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it.

I think there has to be pictures though, I'm intrigued.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Ha ha ha sounds similar to my wife's reaction "another knife? What do you lot do in the woods with all these knives"😉😄

Sent from somewhere?

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
My stock reply is usualy, "well if I played golf I'd have more than one stick in my bag, so whats the difference ?".

Oh & I've found that calling golf clubs "sticks" seems to upset golfers...

I'd post a photo of the said knife, but the wizardyjiggerypokeryalchemy of posting photo's is way beyond me.

Rob

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Dude!.....you can't say "the biggest knife i'v ever seen"......then go on to tell us don't know how to post pics, that's just evil is that :D

My mrs don't even comment any more. with The amount of stuff I get delivered she's pretty much completely de-sensitized to it lol

Haggis

Nomad
Herself really does care how many knives, axes, or packs I acquire, just so long as I fetch her in a duplicate. She doesn't use any of them of course, or carry them; no reason to so long as I have mine along. When I don't purchase her a duplicate something I've gotten, I find that spending twice the price on something for her charms her nicely, at least in the short term.

mrmike

Sep 22, 2010
Hexham, Northumberland
One of these I think.

(Just a Google image)

jerudyme.jpg

sent from my windswept fell using Tapatalk 4

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think I have more knives than he does.

Me too :eek:
I do get comments along the lines of, "D'you not think the knifeage is getting a wee touch out of hand ??", and "We're praying there's still a Police amnesty when you croak it Mum" :sigh:

Size though, only the parang and the machete would really count as big knives among my tools.

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE