My DIY Hammock Stand

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe
Not sure if this is in the correct forum section, (Admin/mod's please move if necessary)

Just thought I'd share the hammock stand I made recently, pretty much used the plans provided on the Hammock forums.
I didnt like the idea (if anything were to ever fail) of landing on the 4" by 2's, so decided to put a small deck on it just in case the un-thinkable were to happen. (the deck material is just scrap from work & temporary , it will do until I get decent stuff)
DSC00567.jpg

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe
I made it at work Where theres loads of space.. Got it home and put it together and thought OMG!
The missus went "***" is that!
hahaha my reply was "too late now luv I aint taking it down!"

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe
The plans are in the code box, copy and paste into your browser for the pdf file. For some reason, providing the hyperlink would not give the file.
Admin/Mod's if this is breaking the rules please remove the link and I will host the file else where or people can just register on Hammock forums.net and search it out.
Code:
http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=22797&d=1306732533
However before you go ahead and jump in with both feet there are plenty of other designs on Hammock forums.net that may suit your need better.

Last edited:

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe
Oh just a thought! One thing I would change if I knew what I know now... (but not feasable where I live)
I have a DD 3x3 Tarp you can only use it in the traditional A formation using the lengths given that lay down the center (given as 8ft)
Between the eye bolts measures exactly 12ft 8" not far enough apart if you prefer the point to point style tarp configuration.
but to be honnest my garden is too small for that at this place.

12ft 8" = 3m 86cm between the eye bolts I used, you would need a size over 4m 20cm for the point to point between eyebolts using a DD 3x3 tarp

*the Timber I used was not 2by4's mine was slightly larger at 50mm x 120mm at 4.8m long (purchased through work).

Last edited:

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Nice work, thats a proper hammock stand.

Looks like you've used tannalised timber, and the decking's a nice touch too.

Mr Adoby

Forager
Sep 6, 2008
The woods, Småland, Sweden
I hope you don't mind me posting my efforts here? Interesting enough we seem to have used the same basic idea to keep the stand from collapsing: Two skewed A-frames or triangles.

I made mine last year, It is useful both for trying out my DD-Hammock and for just taking an summer afternoon nap in the garden in a cotton hammock as in the picture. It breaks apart in five parts for storage: The two "feet", the two skewed A-frames and the distance-plank between the two A-frames. And some stainless wires and turnbuckles.

hammock.jpg

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I guess I am just lucky - I hang mine between one of the apple trees and one of the ash trees in the hedge... all of which I planted myself....

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe
Dont mind at all Mr Adoby :) Nice stand.

Infact it would be nice to see what stands people have even if they post in this thread :) It's a worthy cause in my opinion

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE