Mr Mears being exploited again

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
the ones Ray Mears sell are hand made... I have no idea about the quality... the frosts ones are probably just as good and go for about £15 - £20.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Paganwolf said:
I have the one RM sells, bought from manufacturer, VERY good crook knife, superb quality lovely to work with.....
I have one too, christmas present last year. Excellent tools made by Svante Djarv.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Thought I'd ask....... See what his answer is....Watch this space... LOL :rolmao:

question2.jpg

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I would have thought he has loads of spare time what with no one bidding on his crappy auction.

Woodlore watch the forums and are quick to respond, I think they should try and keep ebay in check as well.

Bill

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
tenbears10 said:
I would have thought he has loads of spare time what with no one bidding on his crappy auction.

Woodlore watch the forums and are quick to respond, I think they should try and keep ebay in check as well.

Bill
I think that maybe they now do .... a while back there was all kinds of rubbish with Ray's name on it ... folding cookers, flecktarn basha sheets, survival kits ... there's a lot less now!

hootchi

Settler
It looks like rich866 isn't going to reply to you maddave! :eek:):

Familne, did he reply to you and say stop wasting my time or did someone else reply for him and say stop wasting his time?

Still no-one has bid on it. He was asking for a 308% mark up from the one on axminster :yikes: , would have been good if he could have pulled it off though!!

jem seeley

Tenderfoot
Sep 7, 2004
framlingham suffolk
hootchi said:
It looks like rich866 isn't going to reply to you maddave! :eek:):

Familne, did he reply to you and say stop wasting my time or did someone else reply for him and say stop wasting his time?

Still no-one has bid on it. He was asking for a 308% mark up from the one on axminster :yikes: , would have been good if he could have pulled it off though!!
The crook knives sold through Woodlore are made by Svante Djarv.They are far superior to the ones made by Frosts &sold through Axminster.I had one of the Frosts double edged ones (I'm left-handed & they don't make a single edged one for me!) but didn't get on very well with it.I have,since,bought both a left-handed & a right-handed Svante Djarv & haven't looked back!! I bought mine from Woodland Craft Supplies (w.w.w.woodlandcraftsupplies.co.uk) for around £28 each.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE