Mother Nature? Oh, please......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
True - but at least in the more "advanced" countries, they're frowned upon, not part of state policy!

I wouldn't have thought "early stage" homo sapiens had a "state policy" did they? Surely individuals committed attrocities then as they do now. Indeed it could be argued that there are probably more state policies now than there ever have been allowing it.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I wouldn't have thought "early stage" homo sapiens had a "state policy" did they? Surely individuals committed attrocities then as they do now. Indeed it could be argued that there are probably more state policies now than there ever have been allowing it.

There is a difference though, surely? With a number of native american tribes, those acts were accepted as the norm, not an aberration. No signing on to the Geneva Convention for them! An equivalent action would be for the British government to say - "we're stronger than Eire, so we'll invade, torture and kill most of the men, rape the women and bring the remainder back to sell as slaves. Oh, and we'll barbeque a few of the more tender ones for the celebration party"

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
....somewhat as we did during the time of the Empire then?

For me, the main difference is the scale of death, impoverishment and enslavement Britain has caused in the last millenium is vastly greater than any practiced by native americans. The idea of us no longer using slaves is the ultimate hypocrisy....where do we think all these cheap goods we buy come from? Of course we try really hard not to think about it. We do it - we just choose not to look at it.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I like Buddhism, it means you can get in as many fights as you please and justify it by being a pacifist...

Cliv

Forager
Nov 15, 2008
Preston
I like Buddhism, it means you can get in as many fights as you please and justify it by being a pacifist...

Ahh so grasshopper always wondered about Kwai Chang Caine, loved kung fu he was one :cool: Budhhist. I know too much TV

By the way the Bambi thing its something to do with the writer Felix Salten who by all accounts was quite an interesting character.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
"By the way the Bambi thing its something to do with the writer Felix Salten who by all accounts was quite an interesting character."

I think Salten was an Austrian or German who wrote a book 'Life in the Woods' which was err..'Disneyised' The Bambi bit, fluffy animal thing is often used as a smokescreen when people talk about Pagan beliefs, rather like Witches dancing under the moon etc; Naked Satanists eating babies, all very interlectual..:D

Someone will stun us with knowledge and Google him then give us the full story I'm sure..
lol-044.gif

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Erhm...on that note, we have members on the forum who are Buddhist, Jewish, Christian, Moslem, Wiccan, Pantheist, Famtrad, Odinist, Druidic, Satanist, etc.,.....so please take this gentle hint to heart and keep religion out of the discussion folks.

cheers,
Toddy

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Erhm...on that note, we have members on the forum who are Buddhist, Jewish, Christian, Moslem, Wiccan, Pantheist, Famtrad, Odinist, Druidic, Satanist, etc.,.....so please take this gentle hint to heart and keep religion out of the discussion folks.

cheers,
Toddy

How dare you leave out the pastafarians!? :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sorry :eek:
I'll amend the list......pastafarians, jedi and whatever the turquoise suited cult that David Icke found himself being badly dressed by.

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE