Midlands outdoorshow Meet March 2009

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

camokid

Forager
Mar 3, 2009
coventry
hi all would it be ok to tag along sat night to the meet im in coventry its just down the road from me so thought id join the pack im new to the site and dont no anyone but il be brave and put my name down.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
hi all would it be ok to tag along sat night to the meet im in coventry its just down the road from me so thought id join the pack im new to the site and dont no anyone but il be brave and put my name down.

Come along mate... you'll be made to feel one of the gang in no time at all :D

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
The tree work sounds gounds good to me :D .

... il be brave and put my name down.

Meet list.

Addo
Alpha_centaur + 2 - 4
Andy2112 + 1
Aragorn
Bodge + 3
camokid
Davey569 +1
decorum
drewdunnrespect
EEM +1
Dr Jones
HERBz + 1
Humpback
In Wood
Jaysurfer
JimN
John Fenna
Luke_s
Lurch
MartinK9
Mesquite
Naboo_the_enigma
nigeltm + 2
PJ McBear
porchini
Sasquatch
scrumpy and scrumpy jnr
sparksfly
T1TCH
Trail Runner +1
Wallenstein
wanderinstar
woodstock
WoodWildling
Twodogs

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else

Hi you don't need to be brave at all,,,,,,just stupid:D I'll see you there im sure you'll have a great time

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I dont appear tp be on the list but im coming down.

There you go Lindsey... you have now been successfully inserted between Eem & Herbz Hope it wasn't too painful :D

Meet list.
Addo
Alpha_centaur + 2 - 4
Andy2112 + 1
Aragorn
Bodge + 3
camokid
Davey569 +1
decorum
drewdunnrespect
Dr Jones
EEM +1
Firecrest
HERBz + 1
Humpback
In Wood
Jaysurfer
JimN
John Fenna
Luke_s
Lurch
MartinK9
Mesquite
Naboo_the_enigma
nigeltm + 2
PJ McBear
porchini
Sasquatch
scrumpy and scrumpy jnr
sparksfly
T1TCH
Trail Runner +1
Wallenstein
wanderinstar
woodstock
WoodWildling
Twodogs

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands

Come along mate, we are all strangers to start with. You'll be made to feel more than welcome.:D

She's good thanks Andy hows everyone your end?, hope all is well.
Dont know about being in my prime mate I'm getting on now you know lol, If I remember there is a good Oak near the shower block near the main car park, I'm sure there is some good ones on the site somewhere if not.

We are all fine mate, i'll bring the little fella along when it gets a bit warmer. God help us all when he comes, he'll talk ya face off. lol

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
Hi Guys

Sorry going to have to take my name off the list.:(

On the plus side I will still be at the show and now will be stopping in a hotel, expensses paid :D

So I hope to see those of you that come to the show, there is quite a Bushcraft showing this year, even Roger Harrington (Bison Bushcraft & The Wilderness Gathering) has booked a large space next to the Wilderness Camp and Ian "Max" Maxwell is a guest speaker in the theater and in the Wilderness Camp, along with your friend and mine ;) Bear Grylls himself.

No Mr Mears scheduelded this year, but he has been known to just show up. Hmmm bring the boxing gloves for them both?:p

So see you there.:)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Can I pencil myself in? :)

I don't want to commit until I have the ticket for the outdoor show, but I guess there will be others going along from the meet?

Penciled in as requested :D

Meet list.

Addo
Alpha_centaur + 2 - 4
Andy2112 + 1
Aragorn
Bodge + 3
camokid
Dave Budd
Davey569 +1
decorum
drewdunnrespect
Dr Jones
EEM +1
Firecrest
HERBz + 1
Humpback
In Wood
Jaysurfer
JimN
John Fenna
Luke_s
Lurch
MartinK9
Mesquite
Naboo_the_enigma
nigeltm + 2
PJ McBear
porchini
Sasquatch
scrumpy and scrumpy jnr
sparksfly
T1TCH
Trail Runner +1
Wallenstein
wanderinstar
woodstock
WoodWildling
Twodogs

OldFingersGreen

Forager
Jan 30, 2009
Manchester
right, only a couple of weeks to go and as this is my first night under a tarp i want to make sure i have the correct kit.

anybody got a complete kit list they wouldnt mind posting so i can double check? i want chance to get anything i might need to buy!

really starting to look forward to this now!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
anybody got a complete kit list they wouldnt mind posting so i can double check? i want chance to get anything i might need to buy!

:lmao: I think you'll find that everyone has different kit lists to everyone else but the most basic you can get is
1 - Shelter of some kind
2 - Sleeping bag or blankets
3 - Hammock if you're not planning to ground dwell
4 - Thermarest or equivalent
5 - Bivi bag
6 - Crockery
7 - Cutlery
8 - Cooking implements
9 - Something to cook on, though you can use the main campfire
10- Food (if you run out there's a big sainsbury 10 minutes away)
11- Camp chair (logs get a bit bum numbing after a while)

I think that's it though some people may come along and add to it. Maybe if you post what you're bringing people can suggest some extras.

EDIT
I forgot the important one.... your favourite beverage for drinking around the fire at night ;)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just to say that I'm going to the Outdoor Show on the Friday 27th.

As I've got an Zafira I'm happy to to give a lift for folks on that day. T1tch has already booked one seat so there's a max of 6 seats still going. If you're interested copy and paste your name onto the list

1 - T1tch (he's bagged the front passenger seat already ;) )
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -

OldFingersGreen

Forager
Jan 30, 2009
Manchester
i usually use an old laminated checklist of my grandads for camping, but that was for the whole family in tents, i have my hammock and tarp, guy ropes and pegs, a ridgeline, webbing for the hammock. not really got a suitable knife yet as i haven't got round to making one.

im going to bring my raised old car wheel for a fire and my hobbo stove. think i'll need to bring a hatchet as i'll have to bring firewood?

its mainly the little things that make things easier that i mean, they're usually the things i forget!

of course, beer was at the top of my list ;) possibly a little jim beam black label too

if anybody has an old knife thats surplus, i don't have anything to swap but i could maybe make a flute while i'm there for it? have to bring extra bits to make it

i also found a euro hike therma rest on a clearance job the other day though i haven't tested it in the hammock yet.

cheers

dan

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Just to say that I'm going to the Outdoor Show on the Friday 27th.

As I've got an Zafira I'm happy to to give a lift for folks on that day. T1tch has already booked one seat so there's a max of 6 seats still going. If you're interested copy and paste your name onto the list

1 - T1tch (he's bagged the front passenger seat already ;) )
2 - woodstock
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -

Cheers Steve

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Im going to arrive on site a bit earlyer, Fri afternoon.
Managed to blag a free ticket for the show so shame not to go. Planning to go on Sat so I can catch Ian Maxwells Talk, so will do the tree climbing on Sun, maybee set up for it on sat late afto if time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE