Midlands Meet May 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
We have Cub Camp on the June weekend, but I would deffo be up for either of the July weekends.
eusa_dance.gif

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I might come again, its quite far for me, but as ive been there already I think it would be easier to bring my stuff in a trolley on wheels like grandma used to have than a backpack.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
As Mesquite's asked whether it would be possible ......

How about these weekends:

June - 27 - 29 (It's possible that the site is fully booked - 11 doesn't get used much though :dunno: so it'd be worth checking with the site)

June would be good for me let me know if anyone else is up for it, site 11 would be excellent

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk

June - 27 - 29 (It's possible that the site is fully booked - 11 doesn't get used much though :dunno: so it'd be worth checking with the site)

June would be good for me let me know if anyone else is up for it, site 11 would be excellent

sounds good to me. The 28th is my birthday incidentally :)

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire

July weekends - 18 - 20 (a fortnight prior to the Bushmoot) or 25 - 27 (the weekend before the Moot)

I was hoping to get to the last meet but something cropped up so I am keen to try and make the next if you have room for another?

July 18-20 is currently clear for me. Blenheim Game Fare is on 25-27 so that's possibly out and the following week is the Bushmoot :) First time to that this year after several years of trying. :rolleyes:

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Slightly off topic but can anyone remember where the young lad bought the reindeer hide from im pretty sure he said he paid about £20 someone else mentioned they had one
cheers

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
...... reindeer hide ...... someone else mentioned they had one
cheers

I think I'm probably the other one. In my opinion it's an excellent bit of kit - mine cost a 'bit'* more than £20 :eek: (it has had a silicone treatment on the under side though) - even at the price I paid I'd buy a second one to give complete under coverage though :cool:

* please note that 'bit' is spelt incorrectly - please read the B as an L and the I as an O.

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Looking back through the archive:

GWHTBushcraft said:
Bison telt (the nowegian company tha sells the cheap lavvus) sells them for around 20 pounds. It might be worth contacting thier suppliers
htttp://pointbarwilderness.co.uk
http://madbearoutdoors.co.uk/
Also tony had some reindeer hides for sale at the summer bushmoot at a good price so it might be worth contacting him to see if he still has them.
George
The bison telt hides seem to be about £40 (390kr)

http://www.bisontelt.no/default.asp?pid=84 - scroll down to "Reinsdyrskinn" which is presume is reindeer hide!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
To avoid cofusion between new and old Meets I'll start a new thread here. (As there are problems linking to a thread I've linked to first post - click on the underlined thread title in the top right corner of the post)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE