Middlewood "Verical Smoke" - 31/10 - 02/11/08

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Just read Waylands post on the midlands meet thread recommending off ground sleeping at Middlemud, got a dodgy hammock, got thermals, got a tarp, got a 3 season clostraphobic bag, what do i do for a quick fix underblanket on zero funds ...... wound suspending another bag up against my butt be any good?

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
What about motion sickness after a few *cough* pints?

Gonna nick the missus unused yoga mat.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Right .... an update!

Raffle
Tickets will be £1 each. You can buy as many as you like - funds permitting! Buy your tickets off me.

Bring & buy
I will be bringing some unwanted gear to sell on. If anybody has gear to sell I suggest around the camp fire circle, Sunday morning would be a good time for us all to see what is on offer!

Canoes are ok on the lake on Saturday & Sunday only. AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Pig fund.
Could everyone intending to join please bring 2 bags of charcoal. Wood is scarce at the best of times and the camp site are having their bonfire on Saturday night so there will be a shortage!

Bonfire on Saturday Night.
  • We will be asked to move our cars for this, but will be given a space for them elsewhere.
  • Camp site open to the public for about 2 hour, but only the car park area so camp should be secure.
  • Site shop will be open - selling hot dogs, drinks, black peas etc.

Location of our pitches
  • The LARPers are having the Lodge and Cub field, so you may be as well giving it a wide berth!
  • Around the camp fire circle / top end of the camp site is fine.

Arrival
Any time on Friday. I will be there from Thursday evening (getting the best spot!) so see you there!

The warden has asked if we would be up for a working party day / weekend at some point in the future. If we did this it would really get us in the good books. Think about it and let me know when we are there!

Think that covers it all - if not ask & I'll see what I can do!

Simon

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I`m going to try and get over for the Saturday night Simon if that`s okay, I`ll be able to stick around Sunday to give a hand tidying up etc.

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
Well the prize is a finished and sheath made,and as i type on its way to Simon, Simon said its all right to bring the canoe so there will be two of Stu's Apache canoes to try out, my 16 footer and Gregs 15 footer ,and what with the spit roast i think were all going to have a weekend to remember,can't wait :)

Bernie
DSC01210.jpg

DSC01214.jpg

DSC01213.jpg

DSC01212.jpg

DSC01211.jpg

100_0251.jpg

100_0246.jpg

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I'm as excited as a Junkie with a Giro !! Been thinking about a canoe for ages but there ain't many places for a "Test Drive" LOL:lmao:

That knife is a work of art as usual Bernie..Hope I get lucky.. If I do I might pass on my Bison Bushcrafter to a deserving cause:D

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
.......... and smokey eyes, a streaming nose, frozen ears, wet feet.

What more does any self respecting Ray fanatic need?

cyan%5E_%5Earial%5E_%5E4%5E_%5E0%5E_%5EBring+it+on%21%5E_%5E.gif
grey%5E_%5Earial%5E_%5E4%5E_%5E0%5E_%5ECant+wait.%5E_%5E.gif

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
hiya by any chance is there going to be anymore in the near future due to its probly to late on this one to get on the list and also i would be coming by train so would have to scrounge a lift to and from the site and would need to see if i could get the time of work.

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
hiya by any chance is there going to be anymore in the near future due to its probly to late on this one to get on the list and also i would be coming by train so would have to scrounge a lift to and from the site and would need to see if i could get the time of work.

I would imagine there will be more next year - probably a working party (with the emphasis on party! :rolleyes: :beerchug:) in the near future.

If you can make it for this one you are more than welcome - I'll have my car so could pick you up from the station if that helps.

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE