Middlewood "Verical Smoke" - 31/10 - 02/11/08

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
In collecting kit ready for my first night in a hammock under a tarp, i came across a little bargain at a local car boot sale.....

1 ton lifting sling, 30mm wide, 3m long sewn into a loop (ie 1.5m doubled), £1 each. So i bought two.

Figured they would cause less damage to any tree i wrap them around and attach my hammock to, than rope or 9mm paracord.

Only downside is that they are bright purple.

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Put us down for a piece of pig please.

We can make up some apple sauce to bring, if anyone is interested in apples not made into Cider.

Bernie G
Simon M
ANDYWINKK
Spikey DaPikey
Lurch
Singeblister
Wayland
Womble_Lancs
mentalnurse
Firebreather
firecrest
Matt
Mad Dave & Jules
Neanderthal & Kalahari

SPIDER PIG
SPIDER PIG
Does whatever a SPIDER PIG does
Can he swing
From a web
No he cant
He's a pig
LOOK OOOUUUTTT!!!!
He is a SPIDER PIG!!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)
Stu

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Was out doing some minor woodland management work over the weekend with the school "Green Team" and the staff member running it now wants to attend our little gathering.

So thats 2 adults & 2 kids more to add to the list! Quite a gathering should be fun!

Simon

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Well it seems that Middlemud is fast becoming a testing ground for me and new kit. At Middlemud 1 I had a new tipi to test, at Middlemud 2 it was our homemade ventile jackets that got an outing.
This time Middlemud 3 "vertical smoke" I will be sleeping in my new handmade baker tent. I picked up the material on monday afternoon and the poles yesterday morning by last night Lin had the bulk of it cut out and sewn together. All we ( read she) have left to do is put a few finishing touches to it and we will be away with the faeries. I cannot wait to get it up and tested. I am fully expecting a few teething probs but It should work.
All that is left to do now is find a small section of relatively flat, non muddy ground..........not going happen is it ;) .

Bring it on new tent ........pig.......homemade apple sauce......woods.....good company.......what else is there in life.....:D :D :D :D :D :D

Oh Simon do we have permission to use the lake again? As i can bring along my 15 foot apache canoe for people to try out (at their own risk). I might even be able to twist stu's arm to come down with the 16 footer he makes as well. I know a few people on here want a canoe but dont get chance to try them before they buy.

Cheers Greg

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
OOOHHHHHH I forgot i also have 2 new hats knitted for me by swmbo (lin). she is in a making mood so i have been striking while the iron is hot as they say.
One of the hats is made from an old arran jumper my mum made me when I was 15 (19 years ago....OMG). The neck had strecthed out of shape etc etc so we salvaged the wool from it and Lin has made 3 hats so far. It just goes to show that good quality wool will last.
The second is a merino wool hat that Lin also made for me when she found a couple of balls at the bottom of a pile in the wool shop.
So i will do some testing and see which one breathes better and keeps my head warmest etc etc.

These came about as i was looking for a locally produced wool. I wanted merino but was not too happy about buying wool from the other side of the world when we have an abundance of sheep over here. So i started looking around for local wool but could not find much pure wool just various mixes and tons of acrylic. Then I had a dig around in my wardrobe and pulled out my old and trusty jumper......shed a tear, then pulled it apart for the wool.As my mum had spent a fortune on the wool when she made it so i knew it was good stuff, a quick phone call later confirmed that it was best quality pure arran wool. The merino one appeared as the wool was end of stock and already over here. So I thought i may as well have it as the damage has already been done getting it here.

HHHHmmmmmm a couple of weeks left to go...... what else might I need.......under blankets for the hammocks.....I might be pushing it for that :D

Cheers Greg

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Oh Simon do we have permission to use the lake again? As i can bring along my 15 foot apache canoe for people to try out (at their own risk). I might even be able to twist stu's arm to come down with the 16 footer he makes as well. I know a few people on here want a canoe but dont get chance to try them before they buy.

Cheers Greg

Can't see a problem Greg - but I'll check with them if I can ever get them to answer the phone that is!

I think ill drag myself down for this, not to late i hope also can chip into the pig fund if its no over subscribed!

See you there!

Simon

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Can't see a problem Greg - but I'll check with them if I can ever get them to answer the phone that is!

Good luck with that one Simon :lmao:

I have her home number if you want it. She gave it to me saying use this in case you need to get in touch regarding meets as the answerphone at Middlewood only gets checked at weekends - if that so I guess it'll be fine for you to have it.

PM me if you want.

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
Well Blow me, SWMBO has said there is no problem for me to join the fun on my own.:eek:

So looks like I will be there too.

Cheers for reminding me to pester her about this one Wandring Star.;)
Looking forward to seeing you and your lad again, meeting Lurch again and Bernie for the first time, plus all the others that are coming.

I hope it is a damn big pig!

see you all there.:D

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Another for the Pig Fund, Although im not sure when and how Im suppost to pay!!

Bernie G
Simon M
ANDYWINKK
Spikey DaPikey
Lurch
Singeblister
Wayland
Womble_Lancs
mentalnurse
Firebreather
firecrest
Matt
Mad Dave & Jules
Neanderthal & Kalahari
IntrepidStu & OutdoorSuz.

I must really love this bushcraft stuff to miss the last race in the F1 calender.
Stu.

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Stu

The race doesn't start til 4pm on the Sunday, you COULD be back for then, that's if you can tear yourself away.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE