Middlewood "Verical Smoke" - 31/10 - 02/11/08

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
After speaking to firebreather i will be there this weekend as well . i will be taking my Apache which will be available for test drive/abusing etc and will quite happily spend the whole weekend talking canoes and of course persuading Greg to buy the 16 ft version .......

looking forward to having a look at your boat as well Bernie

stu

Spikey DaPikey

Feb 8, 2006
North West, near the land of the Pies
Got wellies today for myself and Womble :D

£9 a pair from go outdoors, when using the discount card :) (no relation to store etc etc)

Thanks for the tip about lidl and charcoal !

I have 5 small hotwater bottles for sale as well, brand new, £2 each, with it being cold an all :p

I'll also have soem shemags with me, £4 each, same as at the bushmoot this year.

See you all soon :red:

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Got wellies today for myself and Womble :D

£9 a pair from go outdoors, when using the discount card :) (no relation to store etc etc)

Thanks for the tip about lidl and charcoal !

I have 5 small hotwater bottles for sale as well, brand new, £2 each, with it being cold an all :p

I'll also have soem shemags with me, £4 each, same as at the bushmoot this year.

See you all soon :red:

Ohh, I love my shemagh, so i think you will have to reserve one for me mate.
Stu.

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
Well I was coming on to say I would not be able to make it as I have today been informed as of next week I am redundant.:(

However my wife, bless her has said she does not want me moping round the house this weekend and to get my self off chill out and enjoy myself.:D

This is a whole new experience for me as I have never been out of work before.
Note to self: Must dig out more kit to sell on Sunday as funds now required.

So I will see you all there,………Any jobs going?;)

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Well I was coming on to say I would not be able to make it as I have today been informed as of next week I am redundant.:(

However my wife, bless her has said she does not want me moping round the house this weekend and to get my self off chill out and enjoy myself.:D

This is a whole new experience for me as I have never been out of work before.
Note to self: Must dig out more kit to sell on Sunday as funds now required.

So I will see you all there,………Any jobs going?;)

Sorry to hear that. The bushcrafting will at least take your mind off it if nothing else.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Ok last minute thing...

Im scared of getting cold, but Im trying to pack light. Ive no idea how people pull off light weight camping and hiking, even for just these weekend trips I can only manage by bringing stuff thats too heavy. I dont know if to bring a light 1 man single skin tent, or my usual 2 man tent. That are both cheap so its not like one is really any better. I need to pack extra jumpers so Im not cold. Ive just bought a trolley I can stick my bag on so I dont need to carry it on my back. The sleeping bag takes up about 80% of the room in my bag. Ive brought less food, and a smaller lighter cookset. Im bringing a wool mix shawl/poncho that makes me look like a hobbit and two fleeces to put in the sleeping bag, plus an extra camping mat. I *should* be warm enough with these, so long as I keep my warmest clothes on.
Im just bothered about the tent. I know its muddy and pitching isnt flat and my dome tent feels cold, I thought the smaller one might be best, but Id probably have to keep my stuff outside, under a tarp. Hmmm. Dont mind me Im just pondering outloud...
Oh and does rum mix with orange juice? I really shouldnt be inventing drinks...!

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
cheers Wayland. Ill try out my sleeping stuff in the day and If Im not warming up Ill come and pester you before you start the stags breath :)

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Just got back from visiting Simon at Middlewood, and guess what.......

There's no mud! :eek:

The smoke is vertical! :)

And it's 6 degrees over there (3 here). :D

Brought back the bergen Simon gave to me (a very nice man), and im busy stuffing it.

Can't wait til tomorrow now. :red:

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Well, car packed and I can't wait; even if I am in the middle of the uncontrollable nose dripping stage of cold! I have a carrier bag full of stuff to sell/swap and can't wait (as Isaid before!).

Now, off to site tomorrow morning via Lidl (glue vine - or however it's spelt!).

Chris

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
My car is packed also :) ready for an early start hopefully. Need to remmber and pick up charcoal from a garage on the way down. and hopefully a wolly hat, seem to have lost mine :|

Sat Nav is programed in. Take it is a case of park up and find simon or report to the camp reception ?

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Just a warning to everyone regarding the state of the local "A" roads. There are road works all over the place and the signs for the detours are terrible (and im fairly local, but still got lost). If however you are coming off the motorway (junction 13), then you will be fine. If you must use the normal roads, REMEMBER YOUR A-to-Z.

See you all tomorrow.
Stu.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE