Middlewood "Verical Smoke" - 31/10 - 02/11/08

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
As Ian said really, thanks to Simon for organising and thanks to Bernie and Wayland for the bushcraft tv entertainment all day Saturday. I didn`t partake in the hog but it sure smelled good.
Good to put some more names to faces and have the chance to meet some fellow `shrafters. I even managed to get a sneaky peak at Waylands` latest hobbo offering this morning which got me thinking again.

All my kit smells slighty porky which makes a nice change to woodsmoke I suppose.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A couple of piccies from yesterday ......

Singeblister and mentalnurse creating some beautiful sharp pointy things

DSC00774.jpg

Space pig nearly ready with some of the usual suspects lurking nearby

DSC00778.jpg

My camp for the night, brew`s on !

DSC00775.jpg

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
Will and I enjoied meeting some new faces today, just a pitty we could not come for the weekend, never mind there is always next time

Thanks to you all for making a first timer very welcome especaily Weyland and Firebreather who let me have a go in his boat

We will be back

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
A good meet, definitely worth the journey, I may even go back for the next one, cracking site, very impressed given how close to Manchester it is.

echoing whats been said already big thanks to Simon for organizing, Bernie and Maxine for their work with the pig, apple sauce & canoe, Bernie and Wayland for spending their day cooking the thing, which turned out to be very tasty and enjoyed by all.

I will post a link to some pics later on also.

Regards
Stooboy :D

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
thanks simon for organising meet and for all you did regards to picking me up from railway station and back again also berni and wayland for wounderful pig dinner. Also nice to meet you all who i didnt know also nice to see every one who i did know again thanks for the laffs and the cammarderie
respect

drew

ps link to photos is

www.DrewDunnRespect.com

Had a great time folks again. nice to see people I knew and didn't know.
quite an interesting time this year with the larp'ers in the next field, and I thought cubs and scouts got over excited:lmao:

not wanting to sound sad now but 30 seconds googling found our neighbours.
http://www.serenity-lrp.co.uk/index.aspx
Each to their own I say but it was a tad odd IMOHO and my Adam had a bemused look on his face when they burst into our camp area this morning he commented "daddy, why do those grown-ups still have halloween clothes on?"

I guess they were chatting about us in a similar manner "why do those people have axes and real knives and dead animals on the fire?" "I just don't get it!!!!!":D

andywinkk

Nov 12, 2007
wigan
www.garmentsdirectltd.co.uk
Ye what great meet that was and thanks again to simon for organising it,
we tested the new tent that me singblister and mentalnurse made, and very toasty and warm it was,
018.jpg

carl on the forge
010.jpg

And bernie was a pheasant plucker lol
008-1.jpg

Carl
007-1.jpg

020.jpg

Andy

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Larp'ers were a great laugh. Good to put some names to faces. Gave my new underblankets a test (cheers Lurch), and I would highly recommend them for the cold (the temp in the car-park at 8am Sat morning was -1 dec C).

Now I'm buzzing waiting for the next North West event which I hope will be very soon.

Thanx to SimonM, Bernie and Wayland for the selfless hard work you put in which made this event so special.

Stu.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Cheers again Simon for organising another great weekend. It is greatly appreciated.
We had a great time and saw some interesting kit for us to have a go at making.
Your tipi was really warm and toasty Andy and looked good from the outside. It looked pretty good from the inside too lol especially late at night with the stove on full :D .
Did anybody get any good piccys of our baker tent ? As I only got a couple and neither of them are very good.
I will get some piccys up of everybody who had a go in the canoes most. When I get a few mins.
Thanks for all the hard work you put into the pig it was tasty.

Cheers Greg

had a good time as always , thanks to everyone that did something to make this a great meet again, met quite a few new faces on this one the meet is getting bigger each time, and what can I say GREAT weather :D it started raining on the way home thats a first. Looking forward to the next one. Sorry no pics :(

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
I'll echo exactly what has been said before; many thanks to Simon M, Wayland & Bernie. It was good speaking with you Wayland.

I darted off on Saturday lunchtime so missed the hog, but it was good to see new faces as well as old. Glad you all enjoyed the Gluvine on Friday night!

See you next time.

Chris

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
Hi Guys

To echo what has been said; a big thanks to Simon for organising, Bernie & Gary for their hard work and effort with the pig, OoooooHhhh it was so gooooooood.:p

Great to put faces to names and meet so many of you all, thank you all for your kind words and advice about my current situation, something will come along I am sure.;)

Big thanks to Bodge for the funds so quickly for the Swanni;:You_Rock_

Mad Dave for the entertainment, Boz, well for being Boz and introducing me to a very nice new drink, how’s the spoon?:cool:

Spikey for giving us a laugh at him in the canoe.:red:

To Jim_aramis, Crow and Rian for the singing and wool coat help and advice.:240:

Drew, nice to meet you and your “enthusiastic” approach to everything, glad I was able to help you with your set up & take down advice. Thanks Simon for helping Drew move spot.;)

Gary, another thank you to helping me sort out my knicker elastic tarp ropes. :eek:

Womble and Gary again for the web site advice.

Thanks to the compliments on my carving from those who stood and watched, PJ Mc Bear for sharing knowledge

So just a really big thanks to all of you really that turned up to make it a great weekend all in all and a fantastic introduction as my first meet.:D

So I will be seeing you again soon I hope and if anyone asks what I was doing this weekend well Dave & Spikey where have we been?

Sneakin!!:D :D

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
All this has already been said ...

Thanks to Simon, Bernie, Wayland and everyone else who chipped in to make this meet so memorable.

Got home in time for a soak in the bath before watching Lewis work his magic, then had a early night and slept for a good 12 hours, Hammocks don't seem to agree with me.

Thanks to everyone who told me their names on multiple occasions, well everyone looks the same dressed in green. New faces and old had a great time.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Oh and special thanks to Maddave who made Nat's day by giving her the Arran wool hat he won in the raffle :headbang: :You_Rock_ :D

Saying that she said she would have prefered the knife so if we can do a swap that'd be great :naughty: :lmao:

Sorry :slap: :lol:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE