Middlewood "Verical Smoke" - 31/10 - 02/11/08

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andywinkk

Nov 12, 2007
wigan
www.garmentsdirectltd.co.uk
Nah Bernie , you havnt heard him snore , I kicked him in the tender bits last time we were out it was so bad ,,,,,, he didnt even flinch, I have been looking for a tazer to keep the noise down, my youngest has had me up every night this week I need to catch up on sleep at middlewood :D

you beter drink more falling down water then me then john, and i will be drinking alot lol,

ps, bring on the tazer lol

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
well Pj was bring a tipi but I dont think he is now. I have an uncle that once fell asleep stood up and didnt fall over. he was walking to the shops at the time lol. Im not that lucky though!
I have really bad insomnia though, so Im no stranger to sleepless nights and days spent as a zombie. I have a kind of insomnia where I cant stop fidgeting all night so Im best on my own not annoying people anyway.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Firebreathers mrs Lin makes some nice camo poseing pouches I got one as a gift at the last meet but it was just to cold to wear it ,,, if you know what I mean :D

I wondered how long it would be before someone raised the pouch issue ;)
I mean mud wrestling wouldnt be the same without the dpm ripstop /paracord posing pouch now would it :nana:
As far as being too cold to wear it .........Ya big softie :p

ol, ok i get the point about the mud. apart from that though?

I dont believe you :rolleyes: . All I remember from MiddleMUD meets are bone dry fields, dry, warm days, the sunshine passing through the trees.............. Oh hang on that was the dream I had about how it might be one day at middlewood.......but we all go to MiddleMUD dont we !?! Where its ankle deep in mud,rains all the time,the wind howls through the trees..........Will somebody tell me again why we are going ?????? :D

AAHHHH thats it practice at putting up tarps in every conceivable place, the food, the camaraderie, the beer, the rain, the wind I even grew quite fond of the mud last time.
I need help :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd:

See you there Greg

novembeRain

Nomad
Sep 23, 2008
lincoln
Bummer, been to my sister's today in Stalybridge, A search on multimap shew it as being not far away but, after searching for a while, and giving up I've discovered why;

I just typed "middlewood" into multimap, it came up with one place so I was quite happy that must be it, it even looked about right on a o.s. map but sadly it wasn't. This middlewood is off the A6 near Disley, it took a bit of finding and no scout site to be seen - strange that.

So (having found the right one), with the added distance I'm sad to say I don't think I'll make it this time, though if I get my hammock in time I might have a night out at the weekend so I'll be with you in spirit if nothing else.

But, hopefuly it'll warn others - it's worsley (west manc) you want, not near Disley (s-se manc).

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Went to Burnley today to pick up my big blue tarp, 24' x 36', to use as a communial shelter along with Waylands big tarp, over the fire. When i got to my mates (who borrowed it 2 years ago), we couldn't tell which one was mine (he had amassed 7), so he gave me the three biggest ones.:rolleyes:

And as i had to pass 'Winfields of Haslingden' on the way home, it would have been rude not to call in and browse, well to cut a long story short, I am now the proud owner of my first pair of gaiters.:)

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Gaiters you say... did you not see how hard it rained last night?

You are going to need waders at this rate!

Tony, thanks for the tarps for the fire - if it does carry on raining at least we can have a dry(ish) communal area!

Simon

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
Sorted our weekend out now and the good news is that My son ( Wills ) and I will be able to come on Sunday for sure , and with a bit of luck on Saturday afternoon as well playing football in the morning, not sure about camping but will bring a tent and hammock/tarp (only used it once so may need a bit of help setting it up )

See you all then

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
Its rained heavily round here, yesterday and today.

Its forcast rain all week, although the rain could turn to snow on Wednesday.:)

Bring your LILO!

It did rain hard last night I was testing out the new tent type thing with Andy one of my socks got very wet and the other 6" away was bone dry lol explain that , good news is the tent stood up to the weather quite well considering how bad it was and the stove I made works very well , its been named the MK1 Sherman-T as in Tank made from 3mm plate with a 6mm grate inside for that extra bit of weight :p

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
maybe we can all stitch the tarps together and have a big mudslide! :)

In other news, i got me a new cook set - the one decorum recommended to me, it was 11.99 for the smaller solo one, and 13.99 for the larger two person one. I got the larger version and when I opened it it had the smaller set INSIDE! Can anyone explain that to me? who is not going to pay an extra 2 quid to get 4 pans it would be silly not to!

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
We might not have a problem with MUD afterall ...... If the ground freezes!

Looks like it may be a tad on the chilly side.

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
My 1st option is the tarp n hammock.
My 2nd option is the 2 second tent (in camo naturally).
My 3rd option is the car.
And my 4th and very wimpish option is to nip home for a kip each night.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
My 1st option is the tarp n hammock.
My 2nd option is the 2 second tent (in camo naturally).
My 3rd option is the car.
And my 4th and very wimpish option is to nip home for a kip each night.

Your 5th option is to drink so much you wake up in a ditch. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE