Mesquite, chopped up but still standing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just got out of hospital today having been ambulanced last Sunday doubled over in excruciating pain with what turned out to be a strangulated hernia :( I can tell you now they hurt like buggery.

I then spent my Birthday on the Monday under the surgeons knife getting it sorted. When they got me open they found a grand total of 7 hernias :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: so what was planned to be a relatively simple op turned into a major one

That went well only for me to get a water retention problem which has resulted in me being discharged with a cathater in place, an extremely sore and sensitive belly with a load of staples holding it together, not able to walk any great distance without pain and a new extra lining to my adominal cavity wall

All in all it wasn't the birthday I'd hoped for but at least I'm still here. One good thing is I was able to come out today which is my little wifeys birthday so she's got me to cuddle up to (very gently) :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I don't think there are words to describe that much pain and discomfort without the swear filter clicking in. :rolleyes:

Really hope things heal well and quickly for you and that you're back on your feet and healthily active asap. :approve:

Kind regards,
Toddy

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Dear God man - put your feet up and take it easy..... that way you'll be able to actually spoil your wife on her next birthday.

My best for a speedy recovery.

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Arghhh...

That's not nice! Which hospital was that? I am not sure if there is enough of HH left for an op is there?

Takes care.
Cheers,
Steve

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
As if you have not been through enough Steve, I hope this lot goes a bit better for you. Have a great Birthday.

Best wishes

Barney

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Don't scare us like that Steve! seven hernias?? good lord that's one for every day of the week. get well soon, get back in`t woods, thatll sort you out :)

And Happy Birthday. sort of!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Thanks guys :) it's good to be home now and able to lie in without some nurse (as nice as they were) coming along at about 5:30am wanting to take your blood pressure etc and giving you your meds, then the breakfast trolley coming round at 7:00am

Just going to take it easy, watch a load of DVDs and surf the web. Got a Shing blade to handle as well so there's plenty for me to do :)

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Glad your ok mate. Strangulated hernias are lethal. I knew a guy who died from one. He got it on a parachute drop 90 miles from help with no transport in the middle of a fight.

How did you get it?

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Blimey Steve, you don't do things by halves do you?

Hope you're on't road to recovery mate.

Take it easy an keep taking the medication.
Crazy_1062.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE