Kidney Surgery

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Greetings from the Other Side. Glad you made it out OK.
First couple of weeks can't be good. Just have to wait it out.
So happy to read the positive outcome.

Maybe +7 days of plain food? Then, I had a tuna fish sandwich. The best that I have ever eaten in my life.
I just knew I was gonna make it.

Reactions: santaman2000

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Glad to hear you are on the mend and came through the surgery ok. I'm sure you are feeling relief now that bit is over. Just take good care of yourself and make sure you are spoilt rotten for the next few weeks and you'll be fighting fit in no time at all.

Reactions: santaman2000

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Thanks again everybody. Barbara’s been spoiling me since I’ve been home and yes, it really does help make ale.

I think the light diet it to reduce the pain from post surgical constipation (which can hurt when you're middle bits have been cut). Once you are flowing again eat away or lock in the weight loss for a new look.
I think you’re correct. Also they told me the narcotics prescribed for pain control add to that constipation so that’s a double whammy.

Reactions: Allison McKenzie

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
The first few days in the hospital were pretty painful so I took what they would give. Since I’ve been home (almost 48 hours) I’ve only had 3 doses of percoset with the last one being almost 24 hours ago and as of now I don’t feel any need for it. Once I was up and walking the pain began to disminish proporionately to my mobility.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Well today I went geocaching with Barbara. Wandering around in the sand dunes ay a local National Seashore (kinda like a National Forest but on the beaches) We found one cache and had a short hike of about a half mile (seems longer trudging through soft dunes) then a brief time playing in the surf. I guess my recovery’s coming along nicely

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE