March Brockwell meet 19/20

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
just looked at my tarp and yep......its crap..... gutted... mind u £10 is not allot but still a money not well spent.....

I know how you feel. Remember I ordered a cheapo tarp to the wrong house? Well I ordered another and it wasn't as expected. Will be using that as an under-hammock though. Ended up going for a DD tarp. It was just handy really. Really looking forward to first time in a hammock.

The weather is still a bit wintery up this way, especially at night. Lots of frost. So I'll have a sleeping bag and mat under me, a wool blanket and throw over me. Does anyone think that'll be enough? Or should I rock out the duvet again, ha.

Is the forge a definite?

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
hahahah

nah dude youll be fine,...

and if not theres always a cuddle eh??

we gonna forge down near the building we found, remember?,....

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
got my kit packed, just need to put some food in.....

ANNNNNNNND, its all in a daysack.......

the list is:-

daysack (of course)
softy 6
jungle sleeping bag
bivvi bag
sleeping mat
1 litre water bottle
metal mug
first aid kit
buffalo fleece (warm kit)
tarp
bunjies
cordage
food and brew kit
water filter pump
axe

and on my belt:-

water bottle
another mug
meths stove
meths
brew kit
knife 1 (home made jobbey)
knife 2 (mora clippa)

in the jacket:-

folding saw
tinder
bits
bobs
junk
more tinder
etc etc etc.......it has far to meany pockets......lol....;)

as for the kg of it i dont know yet....

what else we all got then???????

ps teaching kit on top......

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
:pi would like to enter this minimalist kit comp but unfortunately dog food weighs in the region of 4 stone. :p

you can still join, we will allow the dog food not to count, seeing as im not counting my teaching kit, which includes sledge hammers etc...lol....

the rules are :- packs count and anything to be used that is carried counts, eg another bag or sleeping mat/bag etc, clothes with kit in dont cout, eg jacket with tinder or folding saw, (this must be what you normaly carry though)......

any other queries just ask or ideas just post up......

regards.

chris...

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
you can still join, we will allow the dog food not to count, seeing as im not counting my teaching kit, which includes sledge hammers etc...lol....

the rules are :- packs count and anything to be used that is carried counts, eg another bag or sleeping mat/bag etc, clothes with kit in dont cout, eg jacket with tinder or folding saw, (this must be what you normaly carry though)......

any other queries just ask or ideas just post up......

regards.

chris...

What about the 5kg of water in the bladder that I'm gonna carry in? I wouldn't usually, but I'm not liking the idea of river water this close to town.

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
its a mix of broad leaved and coniferous.

not fully mixed in but in panels of types in places,...

like a section of pine, then the same of birch and beech

quite a lot of hardwood scattered in to,...managed to scavenge a fair bit of fallen oak for cooking on last time,..

its on a west facing hill (only a slight hil) with a brook to the north

there are service cables overhead in parts and so some management is ongoing and even big clearings in parts,....

i also hear there is quite a bad storm of fun moving in too and its due on the 19th and 20th,....with bright spells and a smattering of bucshcraftiness

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3nvnjioLmQ

check out the above link from a previous meet, joel took his video with him, it shows the rought in and some of the bits we got up to at that meet.....

oh ye......it also shows i dont always "FAIL" at the bow drill like last time......

regards.

chris...

Wow beasty videos there mate well impressed. Would love to learn to prepare a rabbit if you want to teach me?

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
if i can get bunnies for that weekend then no probs mate, if anyone can get some and bring them even better as my supply is running low, they had mixy not long ago......

bow drill and a bit of forging on the cards too......basic tinder, chemical fire lighting and that should do us for the time we have.........

if im allowed to later in the summer i will demo some natural shelters too.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE