March Brockwell meet 19/20

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Jebus, keep it quiet. You'll just set of the nude moon weirdos again.

im more worried about HT and his A10 attacks.....;)

should be good though, cant wait kit has been packed for a while, just need to bung some more food in and im good for a light weight trip.........

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
HT, A10's are awesome, they smash every thing up, i have seen it first hand, 30mm cannon hhmmmmm, i will keep away from that then....:)

TD, does that mean ANOTHER person comming, if we all turn up the wood will be full........;)

everyone welcome though, come along..

chris.

Im dead jealous on seeing an A10 cannon burst. seen a few documentaries on them and love that 30mm here a wiki quote on that gun

"The GAU-8 itself weighs 620 pounds (280 kg), but the complete weapon, with feed system and drum, weighs 4,029 pounds (1,828 kg) with a maximum ammunition load."

Now thats a big gun!!

GAU-8_meets_VW_Type_1.jpg

Last edited:

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
if i can get bunnies for that weekend then no probs mate, if anyone can get some and bring them even better as my supply is running low, they had mixy not long ago......

bow drill and a bit of forging on the cards too......basic tinder, chemical fire lighting and that should do us for the time we have.........

if im allowed to later in the summer i will demo some natural shelters too.....

just re-read the thread and forgot to reply to this...

Yeah would be an honour to learn those things without a doubt. i think jack daniels(username) said he was going to bring some cute little bunnies. Very nice of him indeed
Talking of natural shelters will there be enough dead wood for it at brockwell? if not the land i may be getting may suffice as it hasnt been touched for a few decades im pretty sure lol..

Thanks again

Tobias

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
Im dead jealous on seeing an A10 cannon burst. seen a few documentaries on them and love that 30mm here a wiki quote on that gun

"The GAU-8 itself weighs 620 pounds (280 kg), but the complete weapon, with feed system and drum, weighs 4,029 pounds (1,828 kg) with a maximum ammunition load."

Now thats a big gun!!

GAU-8_meets_VW_Type_1.jpg

sorry to butt in lads but that is one wicked looking cannon !
where are all of our british designers they should look on in shame, surely we could build better,hell we used to own the world ! lol

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
sorry to butt in lads but that is one wicked looking cannon !
where are all of our british designers they should look on in shame, surely we could build better,hell we used to own the world ! lol

very good bit of kit, does the job a treat.......

back then we just used the stiff upper lip brute force and not forgeting a good cup of tea........:)

having said that the car from the film "Batman Begins", the American designers said it could not be made, a British company then made it......hahahahahaha ;) lol

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hi to all I might get over for this provisionally. I have a new hammock and tarp so I will be new to it. Unsure what skills i could bring to this meet but spent a long time in the Green kit. Left the mob as a SGT and then joined the TA where I was CSM. good directions to get to the meet, also read all the posts about this meet and the gist of it is very amusing. Sounds like my kind of people. hope to make it.

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Hi to all I might get over for this provisionally. I have a new hammock and tarp so I will be new to it. Unsure what skills i could bring to this meet but spent a long time in the Green kit. Left the mob as a SGT and then joined the TA where I was CSM. good directions to get to the meet, also read all the posts about this meet and the gist of it is very amusing. Sounds like my kind of people. hope to make it.

That would be good mate, you would be very welcome,...

no pressure to perform ,..hahah my plan is to dig in and lay back ,....maybe watch Mark (merrygold) try and forge "old wonky" back into shape...

cheers

Stu

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
That would be good mate, you would be very welcome,...

no pressure to perform ,..hahah my plan is to dig in and lay back ,....maybe watch Mark (merrygold) try and forge "old wonky" back into shape...

cheers

Stu

haha he will need a lot of lube and energy... i thought this was a familiy friendly thing?

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
Am just packing my bag and thought i would make a full kit list for all you nosy buggers out there....

Cold Steel Bushman
Cold steel frontier hawk
Draper multitool (£3 asda)

BCB 35lt Daysack
DDXL tarp
DDPoncho
Snugpak sleeper extreme
Snugpak Bivvy Bag
Multimat 10mm premier Roll mat in MOD green
20m cordage
BCB crusader cooking system (bottle, metal mug, plastic mug, not taking the gel burner bottom)

Clothing:
Jack pyke Hunter jacket in English oak camo
Heavy high collar jumper
Tresspass longsleeve brushed fleece top (£10 TKmaxx was 30)
Thin thermal top x 2

Craghoppers kiwidry trousers
Fila grey tracksuit bottoms
Thermal Underwear etc ( wont to go into my exotic Y fronts on this thread)
Waterproof over trousers
3 pairs thick socks
1 pair of heavy duty workman gloves
1 pair of thin sainsburys work gloves
Wool hat

Food and water

200g Tesco value peanuts (30p)
6 jordans crunchy bars
.5 lt of long life whole milk

ration packs scavenged from a family friend:

Muesli
oat an milk breakfast

Chicken sweet and sour
Chicken Arabbiata MOD

Pineapple chunks
Fruit cocktail

Misc items in a 1.2l airtight box:
toothbrush
toothpaste
pack of tissues
small indiviual wet wipes
flavoured water powder
16 aaa batteries
a few boild sweets
3 fuel gel sachets
liquid soap in a small pump bottle
macdonalds salt,pepper,sugar sachets
8 tea bags
mini deodrant

Paracetalmol
Hangover box with alkaselter and reviving everrescant (cant spell)

and also swedish tabacco

i think thats everything!

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Only a week to go, I havent yet contemplated packing, thats a mid week job but think I may go light as seems to be the trend

I cant wait

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
Only a week to go, I havent yet contemplated packing, thats a mid week job but think I may go light as seems to be the trend

I cant wait

Im going as light as a weekend warrior can go in comfort.... still cant figure out how to make a sheath for the tomahawk?? anyone got any ideas?

BTW i cant wait either!!

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham

I cant wait

same here for all of the above ....for real light weight wonder if i can get all my stuff in my new response pak :)

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Is that the snugpak response pak you speak of? i heard good things about them... Piccys please

yeah it is will try to get some pics up just got it yesterday but for £13.95 delivered its great bit of kit i got it mainly for a days mooch with a brew kit,fire lighting kit,snacks etc much better than lugging a rucksack about me thinks

if you search on here theres some great pics of what people have in theres,its amazing what they get in them lol

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
OMG, lost count of how meany people are coming now, have spoken to Steph and said a rough count of 20 though

i also said some people may come down on the friday night, those who do to save the owners day of and peace could they pay on saturday morning when the remainder turn up.....

parking is in the yard and on the area next to the wood store/saw mill bit, as there is quite a few of us please make sure you park close (ish) and consider other people who might be turning up later.......

any last questions, opinions problems last moment group joiners.....SPEEK NOW!!!!!!!! ;) lol

chris.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
might dump the sleeping mat and doss bag as i have just tried the ginger wine, WOW, its going to be warm with a glass or 2 of that in me.........

:):):):):):):):) Hik!!!!!!!

will save a bottle for you John as i know how much you love it....lol ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE