list to learn

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chrisanson

Nomad
Apr 12, 2006
Dudley
hello leon,
glad it arived ok. hope the instuctions are ok, never really done anything like that before! and yes schwuk, leons "energy, drive and determination " are a creadit to him . i aggree hole hartedly!!!!
chris

leon-b said:
what are these ?
first one was growing on a living birch tree
was about 15cm across
fungus.jpg

fungus2.jpg

the second one was growing on a fallen birch
somefungi2.jpg

somefungi.jpg

leon

Collect some of that fallen trunk as well mate as once it's been attacked by the fungus, I find the wood is good for bow-drill hearths ;)

You can also dry the decaying bits of fungus and then light them and use them as insect repellent around your camp.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
thanks mate your instructions are great, pity i didnt find them first lol, i didnt see them in there and i done it how i thought it should be done, then i found the instructions lol, but i did it basically the same as your instructions show
thanks leon

chrisanson

Nomad
Apr 12, 2006
Dudley
leon-b said:
thanks mate your instructions are great, pity i didnt find them first lol, i didnt see them in there and i done it how i thought it should be done, then i found the instructions lol, but i did it basically the same as your instructions show
thanks leon

as long as its work it dosent matter ;)
and from the look of the photos it is working:)
chris
PS i put a coment on you blog but it dosent seem to have apeared! i will try again

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
ok thanks mate, i will carve the handle shape with my clipper and then sand it, ps thanks for the sand paper
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
here we have a pouch which i am now making, i dont know how it will turn out but the other one i tryed didnt turn out to good
we will see
leatherpouch.jpg

leatherpouch2.jpg

leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
hi guys, i have a 2x2 bit of pine just under 43 inches long and another bit of wood 3x4.5 and 26.5 inches long that my dad brought home as he thought i could use them for something
any ideas on what i could make from them or use them for ???
just incase you were wondering why i am posting while i should be at school it is because i am off school due to a headache, sore throat and a blocked nose
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
every winter my hands freeze to death, i dont feel the cold much but my hands sure do, i am looking to buy some mittens, i was thinking leather outer and sheepskin inner, what do you think ?
Any names or links ?
i dont want to pay big bucks really
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
went beating today, didnt get much as usual lol, chloe the springer spaniel got a bird on her own lol, it was a big old cock pheseant as well
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
today i got my belt from singteck, the shotgun handbook from doc and a letter from woodlore. love the belt
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
sure is, when i get my shotgun i will be asking him to make me a cartridge belt
i have nearly finished a bit of my own leather work, a little square pouch, done the sewing just need tp add a button
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i am writing an article for my blog on pheasant shooting and i need some info on the history, can anyone help ?
its my first ever article so dont expect it to be great lol
leon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well,

I can tell you that pheasant aren't a natural UK species. They were originally imported for hunting by (if I recall) the Norman French.

What else would you like to know?

Started up a hare today when out surveying the wind damage. Saw 3 roe and a greater spotted woodpecker as well. Nice little walk

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
thanks mate i didnt know that, i just wanted anything really to do with the history of it
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
sounds like a great walk, i have only ever seen muntjak down here
the wood is small with lots of fields around it and another wood a bit further up in the fields.
could there be anything else in there ?
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i have just got hold of paintshop pro 7 and was lloking for someone to tell me how to work it lol
most of my pics are of landscapes but i hope to get some wildlife ones in the future
anyone out there know how to use it ?
thanks leon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE