list to learn

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i dont have a picture but the mouse measured about 10cm long and didnt look tor apart or anything
leon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hard to tell then mate,

Take a pic next time. Sometimes animals just die. Starvation, cold, old age, heart attack, poison - you name it

I'm fairly actively "inhuming" rodents at this time of year - so long as they are dead (if they are around my house), I'm happy :D

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
next time i will take a pic
if i post all my photos (7 pics) could you or someone else write leon.b in a nice font in the corner of them or something
ps. i have sent the sunset pic to the local paper because every day they put a photo in the paper, maybe it will get put in who knows
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes im very happy with it, if i take a good photo which people on here like i will send it in, hopefully one of them wil get in
leon

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
leon-b said:
next time i will take a pic
if i post all my photos (7 pics) could you or someone else write leon.b in a nice font in the corner of them or something
ps. i have sent the sunset pic to the local paper because every day they put a photo in the paper, maybe it will get put in who knows
leon

Always happy to help :D
Something like this?

Watermark1.jpg

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
sunset3.jpg

erwartonmarshes.jpg

DSCF0252.jpg

HMSgangestower.jpg

RHSclocktower.jpg

RHSTower.jpg

Shotleychurch.jpg

i will pm you my email address and if you could send them back with my name in the corner i would be very gratefull
thanks leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
my name is already in some of the corners but i would like a different font
yes the strap has turned up thanks very much
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i dont really have any editing software at the moment, and i would like a fancy sort of italic font
leon

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Assuming you have got microsoft paint (it should be loaded as standard with windows), run the program and do the following:

First open your picture - unfortunately you can only zoom out to 100% so will have to scroll the screen to where you want the text.

Go to the image menu and make sure the item "Draw Opaque" is NOT ticked

Go to the view menu and make sure "Text Toolbar" IS ticked.

Now, select the text tool from the toolbox on the left - it's the 5th one down on the right column that looks like a capital 'A'

You're now going to draw a box to hold the text.. click where you want the top left corner to be, then, holding down the left mouse key, drag the box out to the size you want. Then let go the key to leave a dotted box.

Now type the text you want.. don't worry about the size or colour yet.

To change the colour of the text, click on one of the colours in the pallet at the bottom left of the screen..

To change the font, go to the Fonts toolbar that should now have appeared - it will have 3 white boxes which are the font type, size, and character set. Play around with the font and size until you get what you want - don't worry about the character set, leave it set to Western.

To the right of these boxes are buttons for Bold, Italic, Underlined, and the last one i have no idea but it's disabled. click them on and off to see the effect.

When you're happy, save the file - i'd tend to save it under a new name to keep the original safe.

a couple of things to note:
1, view in normal 100% size - The text tool only works in 100% view mode
2, Once you have positioned the text box it is possible to move it by dragging the corners, but it ain't easy!
3, If you click outside the text box, it will disappear and the text will be stuck where it is - use Edit->Undo(Ctrl-Z) to get rid of it and try again

let us know if you try it :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE