list to learn

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
ive just been watching ray mears extreme survival on the dvd my parents gave me for christmas
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
just opened two more presents and i got the dangerous book for boys and the planet earth book, god im going to be busy reading all these books
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
the fuji finepix s5600
im going out tommorow to test it out, i will post the results
at the moment i cant really figure out how to load them to my comp, it says that once you have installed the software and plugged ur camera in it will open the software up but nothing seems to be happening
any ideas anyone
leon

Thrym

Forager
Dec 20, 2006
Bristol, England
go on my computer and look for any new unusual drives that arnt there normally (it wont be C) if you find one/(some) click on it and have alook around in the folders and see if you can find your pictures. then you can just copy and paste them to your documents

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
im going out with my camera very soon, im going to stop of at the woods and see if i can get a shot of a fox
has anyone got anymore advice on calling a fox ?
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i went out today, i called for the fox but nothing came, but i saw a dead mouse so there must be something in the area, either a fox or a bird of prey what do you rekon ?
first up i saw this and wondered what it was, please can you tell me i got a pic of each side and i used the flash, please could you tell me which side is which as well so i can rename them in my folder

DSCF0248.jpg

DSCF0249.jpg

here i tyed to include some of the foreground to draw the viewer in like AA suggested
DSCF0252.jpg

who can tell me what this is ?
DSCF0253.jpg

heres a pic of the village marshes
erwartonmarshes.jpg

leon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
The fungus is a collared earthstar Leon. Fenlander posted pictures of one recently (which is the only reason I know it as I have never seen one)

See here

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=17498

As for the other photos, I like the gorse one a lot - the foreground does help. If you had moved round a bit on the top one and got more of that tall grass in the frame it woul have helped. The bottom one is interesting but there is no one thing for your eye to settle on. It needs a "focal point" for the eye. A person, bird, an interesting tree, something - you see what I mean?

Red

chrisanson

Nomad
Apr 12, 2006
Dudley
hello leon,
from the look of your pic's i dont think i could say anything other than
i wish my first attempts were that good!
chris

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
thanks you answered all of my questions and gave me some feedback
i saw fenlanders post and i thought it was one of those but i just wanted to be sure
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i think the bottom one looks wonky aswell
heres another picture i took today, i like this one
sunset.jpg

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Now that is a great picture!

Although I might crop to the bottom left to lose the top wires - hang on and I'll try it

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
This is more what I had in mind - I think your "crop" makes it too long and thin. This keeps the proportions and doesn't lose anything interesting. What do you think better or worse?

336394552_933b9cd178.jpg

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE