list to learn

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i still cant do it as good as i would have liked to, ark angel is the offer still there, i have posted all of the pics so you can just copy and paste them and then save them
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
that 2 metres of cordage im making fenlander, you said it had to be made by me so would i be able to add a bit of that pig intestine cordage as i made that ?
other than that im using cordage and i dont know what ele any suggestions guys
leon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Sorry Leon, it was just my daft sense of humour. Rosemary wouldn't work mate but it smells lovely - so whilst you would get no cordage, the house would smell lovely.

I know little or nothing about cordage, but I know lime bark is used and I can only think that flax would be great - huge long fibres

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
if i pm you my email addy, could you put Leon.B in the corners of my photos in a cool font, i have posted all of them, there are 7 of them
please
thanks leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
dont worry guys someones doing it for me now
so any suggestions on what i could use for the cordage ?
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
also, im watching ray on the box, its the aboriginol britain one and he's lighting a fire with the embers on a horse hoof fungus, for tinder he seems to be using green spagnum moss, am i right, can this be used as tinder ?
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i might be buying a reindeer skin off big swede if he can get hold of one for me, would i be able to use this as insulation for my hammock ?
leon

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Sure can mate. Its bulky but will add a lot of insulation - not quite an underblanket but a lot better than nothing - feels nice too

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i will put a bivi or something over the top, i might be getting the silicon one, is this the best choice for a sleeping mat ?
leon

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
What for a hammock? You can just put a thermarest in. Ideally the underblanket should give the best fit but of course its no good for ground dwelling. Or a pod like Ogris would work well if you can sew!

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
For me I'd say a themarest on the ground no question. Underblanket or pod for the hammock though mate - more kit I'm afraid :(. You can use a thermarest in the hammock though so thats the first to get

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
It'll work well in the hammock and to some extent on the ground so go for it. I might be tempted to ad a closed cell foam mat on the grond though (spread the skin over it). Nothing sucks the heat out like cold ground

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE