list to learn

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
:D

Last one - Red "keeping warm" ;)

Merry Christmas mate

331969986_f08ca15a68.jpg

Red

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
ive never seen a picture of you mate, atleast i know what you look like, as i say we will have to meet up one day
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
another legal question, can you use a stove anywhere or do you have to have permission like you do a fire ?
leon

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I don't think there are any specific laws on stove use provided you are careful mate. I regularly make a brew or whatever sat beside a public footpath and have never had any problems

I realised you hadn't seen a picture of me and I had of you and it didn't seem very fair. BB took that one today so I chucked it on the upload.

Weird isn't it? I own loads of flash stoves, but I always throw that old cheapo gas job in my pack for a quick brew when out for a walk. Those collapsible steel cups (you can see one in front of my little milk bottle on the right) add a touch of class to the brandy though :D

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i would like to be able to hoot like an owl by cupping my hands and blowing, i have followed a few links but i still cant do it
leon

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
leon-b said:
thats ok then, what are you getting for xmas
leon
What else mate - a new axe! :D Its not coming till January though as the axe smith is getting a bit behind! A bit special this one though so I owe BB big for buying it. It may well end up as two axes next year as I'm chatting to Cegga about one of his. Still I got rid of my carpenters axe in a trade and I'm giving that double-bit Marbles away in the Bucksaw competition so I've room for two new ones :D

I can't do the owl call either :(

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Wait till you see this one - its normal steel not damasteel - it'll get used! BB has "adopted" my Wetterlings now for chopping kindling - I'll see if she'll give the Cegga a workout too ;)

I'll probaly get his around the same time as my Lee Reeves (same sort as in Hoodoos avatar) so I may have to have a "chop off" competition again

You spent all your Christmas money yet?

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
my christmas money will be spent on the camera and some accesories, if theres any left its going in the bank for my motorbike when i m 16.
leon

Thrym

Forager
Dec 20, 2006
Bristol, England
you cant ride a motorbike on the road till your 17 :nono: you can only ride a like 49cc moped which is restriced to 30mph when your 16. Dont worry though you can get it derestricted easily and then it will go much faster and be more effeicient on fuel. * i didnt tell you this*( its not legal)

May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
British Red said:
Bit odd to see this hanging in a tree - very "Blair Witch". I can only assum a raptor had taken it further up and was feeding on it when it dropped and caught in the branch. Doesn't seem like a normal buzzard action so I'd be interested in any opinions as to "what"

331957430_fd3283e072.jpg

Red

Could be Feline, how high in the tree?

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Only felines round here are feral domestics. Could be one of them I guess - branch wouldn't have supported anything much bigger anyway! SO - not the beast of Hampshire then ;)

Nice insights mate

Red

weaver

Settler
Jul 9, 2006
North Carolina, USA
Merry Christmas Mates!

Red, I saw my very first real live Ring Neck Pheasant today. He was standing in the road, I almost him. I didn't think they were in this area.

Here's a pic of me chopping out a spoon with my old Eastwing hatchet.

carving.jpg

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
Thrym said:
you cant ride a motorbike on the road till your 17 :nono: you can only ride a like 49cc moped which is restriced to 30mph when your 16. Dont worry though you can get it derestricted easily and then it will go much faster and be more effeicient on fuel. * i didnt tell you this*( its not legal)
this is what i ment sorry

red, great pics
leon

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Merry Christmas Weaver and a prosperous new year to you and your family

You should have got him with the door mate :)

332623278_6cb3f58cbd.jpg

Merry Christmas Leon

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE