list to learn

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
nikolai asked me to make a pouch for him so here it is i hope you like it, its the smaller one mate
leatherpoucheshu8.jpg

here are some things i have made recently
somethingsihavemadelt4.jpg

ps - in return for my pouch nikolai is giving me some fake fur, i am hopefully going to make a wooly hat with earflaps out of this, how would i do this ?
leon

Nikolai

Tenderfoot
leon-b said:
nikolai asked me to make a pouch for him so here it is i hope you like it, its the smaller one mate
leatherpoucheshu8.jpg

here are some things i have made recently
somethingsihavemadelt4.jpg

ps - in return for my pouch nikolai is giving me some fake fur, i am hopefully going to make a wooly hat with earflaps out of this, how would i do this ?
leon
Thats awesome dude, cheers! Im wearing my fur vambraces right now.... so waaarm and toaaastie :D

Reactions: leon-b

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
thats ok mate, i think it was a good trade, you have rep for cutting me off that extra bit
leon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Leon,

I have a 512Mb card in mine - holds several hundres pictures. I can give you some tips on photography but my advice is looks at other peoples - Wayland and Jon PIckett as well as Fenlader all do really nice stuff. Just take lots and lots and find out what works.

I've bever used the video feature - I bought that one as I wanted a long lens really and it was the best one afound at the time. It does what I want and its easy to use

You'll need to buy some basic editing software but if you get the Kodak it comes with some. I would ask Jon what he uses as I really like his stuff

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i done a google search on your camera and ive read some reviews and it looks great, i just need to find the cheapest place to buy one, please give me some photography tips
what do you think of my newly made pouch
leon

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Leon,

The editing software is okay. Theres better stuff out there but it takes a long time to learn. I use a few of them for cropping (taking only one part of the photo to make a new photo), reducing the size of the image for my articles etc. Nothing fancy.

I'd suggest getting a camera with macro mode which means you can do close ups of flowers and insects etc. Its amazing how beautiful they are up close

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Sure does - I have great fun playing in the garden and fields with it

331169526_0463e9cd35.jpg

I like photgraphing frogs and voles and stuff - makes me patient in having to watch them. I also love taking pictures of raptors (birds of prey) - I have hundreds of them :eek:

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
im hoping to photograph wildlife, and build up a big folder of them on my computer
do you have any tips
i might get it before my birthday as i already have £40 plus sum of my christmas money and i will get £100 in january
wheres the cheapest supplier
leon

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No idea mate on suppliers - theres a magazine out called "What digital camera" gives loads of places and reviews all the digital cameras out there and suggests the best ones. I have the current issue. Would you like me to post it to you after christmas mate?

There are loads of books on photography - why not get one from the library?

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i think i will just look at ebay after xmas
i will take a book out from the library next time i go to town
could you post a few pictures you have taken with your camera please
what else can you tell me about the camera or photography
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i have found it for £130 on ebay, i just have to persuade my parents to let me spend that much on a camera
leon

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
leon-b said:
i think i will just look at ebay after xmas
i will take a book out from the library next time i go to town
could you post a few pictures you have taken with your camera please
what else can you tell me about the camera or photography
leon
Sure I'll bung some photos up mate

Some are wild some belong to falconers I ahve met at shows or through friends. I took BB to fly some for her birthday once - a lovely experience

I'll put some up in a bit

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
thanks, i have started a new thread called photography, this should give me lots of info
leon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE