list to learn

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
that sounds like a nice place to live
i am hoping to do something like that when i am a bit older
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
hugh i recieved the axe and it looks great. just the size i was looking for
cant wait to use it
leon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Yes Leon, it arrived today! I didn't know quite what it was when it turned up, but it became obvious once I had opened it. I still need to put some matches in as I had a quick sleep earlier on!! :eek:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Has it not arrived yet? Give it a few more days, it should get to you by then, if not I'll scrounge another from the SQMS. They'll probably both come through on the same day!!!!! :rolleyes:

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i will say when it arrives, i have been getting on ok with the leather one but it a tiny bit big for my wrist even on the smallest one
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
will the nato strap go smaller ?
can i take the leather strap off and put the nato one on and then another day put the leather one on or do i have to cut the leather one off ?
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
my dad was driving today and he saw a dead deer in the field next to him, i asked him a few questions and it sounded like a red deer, he said that he was going to cut the antlers off but he didnt know if it was legal
would this have been legal ?
leon

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
No, it would'nt be legal leon. The deer belongs to whoevers land it is on, dead or not. Although i'm sure if you went and asked the farmer or landowner politley, they may allow you to take them. :)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I changed my strap with a small screwdriver. The pins that hold the strap on spring outwards into holes in the watch, so you just push the end in with the screwdriver and slide the pin out of the watch. You can change the straps back if you want, but it is a bit of a faff about. It took about 5 minutes to change the strap. You put the pins back into the watch after you take them out of the leather strap, then you just thread the NATO strap through the pins and loop it through the metal loop. I can post pics if you need a demo.

As for the deer, not too sure how you would stand legally as it may be on private land and be owned by that land owner.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
scottishwolf said:
No, it would'nt be legal leon. The deer belongs to whoevers land it is on, dead or not. Although i'm sure if you went and asked the farmer or landowner politley, they may allow you to take them. :)

I must learn to type quicker!! :rolleyes:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hi Leon,

Just crawled my tired backside in and was seeing what had been happening!

Glad it got there okay mate - I'm glad its the one you wanted okay - look forward to seeing some picture of Kevin or one of the real folk instructing you (hint hint)

Red

BTW Leon,

Be very honoured when Weaver looks in on you and have a good listen to what he has to say - I was listening to Weaver before I discovered this site!

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
ive been camping this weekend with kevin,sproks, jason and rod, i had a go at lighting feather sticks with a firesteel but i couldnt get it to work i think i just need more practice i am going to get that prize of you for doing it
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes jason took me through safe axe and knife use, he also told me how to limb a tree, the axe works a treat thanks mate
leon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE