list to learn

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Congrats on a succesful thread Leon!! That has shown people from way back that you are serious about this, and that is a good thing.

Have you got your Vostok yet? I got you a strap today, it isn't brand new but it is a grade 1 condition, new but slightly used.

Edit: 1000th reply!!!

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
no my vostok isnt here yet although it should be here soon, thanks for getting me a watch strap
do you want me to make you a matchxase just to say thanks for the kit you gave me ?
leon

Reactions: British Red

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
That would be great Leon, as you know I gave mine away!! I'm not sure if it would get through the post though. You could give it a try if you like. Stick up a picture once you've done it, maybe it will inspire others to have a go aswell.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i will stick up a picture when it is done, might be about a week though as i am getting the cartridgers next saturday, do you want it groved or wet and dry, why would it not get through the post ?
leon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I think your first attempt at grooves would be great!!! It is military post don't forget, so will go on a miltary aircraft!! They don't like any surprises, the RAF!

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
is it the first 1000 post thread, lets keep it going its a great thread and although its a bit long and go's off topic it has loads of info in it
i will put my return address on it, do you think it will get through the post or not ?
leon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Heck, give it a go Leon..it'll be fun to find out....and we owe Spamel that much (if it doesn't get through, I'll send him a naff K&M match case to make up for it :)

11:11:11

Thanks Spamel!

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
thanks red i hope it will get through as he's gave me kit and info plus he's just got me a watch strap for my vostok, wheres fenlander, i havent seen him post on here for a while
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
im sure he is, red im looking forward to meeting up with you in the spring and going to the range, all the kit and info you have gave me and we still havent met up im dying to meet you and hopefully learn some new stuff
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
who watched johnny kingdom a year on exmoor, what did you think of it i thought it was great although jonny was a bit crazy lol
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i was just wondering is it legal to go to a public woods (not privatly owned) and build a shelter, if it is i might give it a bash
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i am wrapping my whole bamboo bow in string, it is hard work and it takes quite long but it looks better and is much stronger, i am half way there pictures will be up when i have done
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
here is a carving which i have just started it is only rough and needs a bit more shaping with a knife and then sanding, it is carved out of walnut and it is the first try i have had at carving anything like this
what do you think of it ?
sporkjs3.jpg

leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i have a rucksack with a water bladder pouch and would like to buy a water bladder, what do you reccomend and what size is best
leon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Leon,

cutting any plants to make a sshelter on land other than where you have specific permission is a no-no mate

As for the spork, I think the tines (points) may be too ar apart and too wide. Suspect you woult be better off carving the fork shape flat and sawing between the tines with your sak or laplander. Just a thought

Oh - bladders ...don't have one so can't help with experiences, there are a varity out there...

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
sorry i dont understand red, can i do that now or do you mean when i carve one again
leon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE