list to learn

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
well i have cut them to size and have stuck them together with tape just to hold them together temporarily i will probebly tie it together using string but it does say that you can use gaffa tape
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i have tyed 3/4 of it soo far with paracord and it is looking fairly good, once it is made i am going to make some slate arrowheads using the tutorial in the magazine
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i have finished tying it together now i have just got to string it how do i go about doing it ?
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i dont have any string at the moment, will any old string work or does it need to be a spesific type?
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
thanks mate i have tyed two shoelaces together with a sheet bend and i am going to leave to bow with the string on over night so that it will set a bit in a c shape, tommorow i will string it up with paracord and see how it shoots then up will come to photos, how much distance or power can i expect from a bamboo bow using 3 canes ?
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
red the spatula and match case are in a envolope with a stamp and my mum is going to post them tommorow morning, the match case has a circular piece of wet and dry stuck to the end, i have struck matches on it about 5 times so it does have i tiny tiny bit of wear on the wet and dry but im sure are going to give it alot of use so it doesnt really matter that much
btw guys i have the bow strung and i am going to make some arrows first i will try just a sharpened stick and then i will make byself a slate arrow head using the bcuk mags tutorial, then i will have a go at fletching although i dont have a clue how to fletch it but im sure some one on here will tell me
leon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Leon, next time cut some grooves into the base of the shotgun cartridge with a hacksaw blade. They don't have to be anything special, but they will give a permenant striker for non safety matches. If you are after non safety matches, go for swan vestas or the cooks matches that you will be able to get in most supermarkets. I'm not sure on the current law back in UK with regards to age and buying matches though, I wouldn't be surprised if there is one! :rolleyes:

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
we always buy swan strike anywhere matches, i have heard that if you cut groves with a hacksaw it is quite easy to go all the way through the cap
leon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
They don't need to be that deep though, you only want them to be rough so that they will strike the matches. Anything over 0.5 mm would be too deep. Keep them really shallow, if it feels rough and grooved when you rub your finger over it, it will work. Keep the grooves fairly close together, but not too close.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i will try this next time i make one i should be getting a load of them next saturday when i go shooting again and i will make some more, if you want i will make you one to say thanks for all the kit you gave me what do ya reckon, postage shouldnt cost much as it weighs nothing
leon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Oh yeah...I did - thought it was going to be a rubbish series, but actually I'm, quite enjoying it)

oh....4 to go ;)

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
god 1000 posts in this thread, it has an amazing amount of information, skills and how to's in it
3 left
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes these cases were just fired and therefore it wouldnt strike a match on the bottom maybe if i get a few older ones
1000 posts :D :rolleyes: :)
leon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE