list to learn

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes my bcuk magazine is sorted i just need my mum to get home and then i can purchuse it
leon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
leon-b said:
i have just purchused my vostok of ebay, it is this one
leon

Hey there Leon, I got my Vostok a week or so ago, it took ages to come through but I'm not sure who the missus got it from. Hopefully you won't have to wait so long!

When you get it, you will have to wind the watch up, in fact if the watch doesn't get worn for twelve hours you will have to wind it again. It took me a while to figure out how to do this, I was pulling the crown out after unscrewing it and it didn't do anything. When you unscrew the crown, put a tiny amount of pull on the crown, a gnats' touch!! Then wind the watch up and you will feel the mechanism clicking. Don 't go to far or your watch will go SPROING!!! :eek:

Then wear the watch all the time, it should continue to work through some sort of magic! If your watch stops shortly after winding it up or setting the time, you have screwed the crown in too far. Again, just screw it in enough so that the crown seals.

If you have any dramas, give me a shout but they are really simple watches and you shouldn't have any trouble if you do those few things.

I like my Vostok, I went for the Classic which has a pretty simple watch face and a movable bezel.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
thanks mate, i probebly will have trouble with winding it and setting the time but if i do i will give you a shout, do you have a link to your watch
btw i will be wearing my watch basically all the time so once it is winded it should be ok
leon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I haven't wound mine for a few days now and it stays on all the time now. I've got this watch, not a great photo of it but there you go! They feel quite heavy as watches go and they also feel very robust, but they aren't overly huge like some of the watches you get these days. That's a good thing as I have got really skinny wrists and huge watches look daft on me! I'm toying with changing the strap for a NATO type watch strap as they are very secure and would go with the watch......

In fact, I'm gonna do it now!

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
thanks mate, that watch is basically the same as the watch i am getting, what are the leather straps like, if they are no good i will probebly get a nato strap
leon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Well, mine is on the smallest setting and it is still a bit loose! The leather itself seems really strong, a bit rough and ready, but robust and does the job. The metal buckle isn't anything special but again seems strong enough.

I had to go out earlier on so I didn't quite manage to get the NATO strap onto the watch, but I'm gonna do it right now, and I mean it this time!! :rolleyes:

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
so i take it the leather strap wont fit me as i have quite small wrists ?
leon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I dunno, I am really skinny! They may be slightly too big, but you could easily put another hole into the strap to make it fit you. I suppose you could use a needle or similar to make the hole, it would need to be a large diameter darning needle though, but it would work. Failing that, I can see if I can get you a NATO watch strap from work. They are the real deal and very strong, not quite as nice looking as some of the NATO straps you can buy but it will be free!!

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i will see if i can pierce another hole, but if this doesnt work i would love one of the nato straps thanks for the offer mate
leon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Well I'll not get back to work until next Thursday, so I'll have a look then, I could ask Jamie to have an ask for me but sometimes it's a bit difficult to get stores off our storeman!

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
thanks mate, i would like a nato strap, but if your storeman is a bit hard to get stuff off dont worry to much about it
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
spamel said:
Well, I put it on my Vostok earlier and it looks really good. I think you will like it!!
spamel mate, you would have any photos you could put up of your watch with the new strap would you :D hint hint
leon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE