list to learn

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i have just emailed tony about ordering issues 1, 2 and 3 of the bcuk magazine should have it ordered soon
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
well i have searched all day for a uk based supplier of the vostok watch i want with no luck, so i have had another look and have found the vostok amphibia prestige the only thing i dont like is the fact that it is not automatic is it battery powered or do i have to wind it, if so how do i go about winding it
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
sorry i keep changing my mind but i am now settled on the vostok amphibia vosamp the reason being is that i like the way it looks, it is 200m water resistant and i have found a uk dealer
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
sorry i have tryed again but i cant seem to get the link to work but if you type vostok amphibia vosamp into google that should take you too it
sorry
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
arrrggghhhh i am torn between the vostok amphibia prestige and the vosamp, i really like the look of the vosamp (sorry i cant get a link for it that works)
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i know i keep changing my mind but i am pretty much set on this, i like the looks, the 200 meter water resistance and most of all the price lol, i have £30 but i need to pay for the postage from russia which is 7 pound odd i am getting some more money on saturday so should purchuse it then or sunday, look forward to recieving it and giving it lots of use and abuse
leon

leon-b said:
i know i keep changing my mind but i am pretty much set on this, i like the looks, the 200 meter water resistance and most of all the price lol, i have £30 but i need to pay for the postage from russia which is 7 pound odd i am getting some more money on saturday so should purchuse it then or sunday, look forward to recieving it and giving it lots of use and abuse
leon

Hi mate,

Looks like a nice piece of kit and comes with a great spec. for the money :D

I've never had a utility watch to wear in the woods - I don't really like to know the time when I out having fun :rolleyes:

Hope the purchase goes well.

Phil.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
thanks mate, i know the feeling having to much fun and you dont want it to end, will write a bit about the watch and how i get on with it when it arrives, but beware it wont be anything long or spectacular as english is not my strong subject lol
could anyone who has or has had a vostok watch please tell me how they got on with it
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
btw red i got the walnut today its a big branch and im looking to get alot of spoons out of it, will probably start roughing out the shape for your spatula tommorrow, have you got any rough measurments that you would like me to follow
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
should be ordering my vostok watch later on today, any ideas on how long it will take to get here from russia
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
red i have just started roughing out your spatula should have the shape roughed out soon
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
in the summer and spring time i dont really think that it is necessery to take a sleeping bag and i was thinking of buying a woolen blanket to sleep in instead, budget is about £20 so has anyone got any recomendations
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
oh yer and i didnt buy the watch today as my mum is waiting for a cheque to clear, should be cleared by monday and i will probebly purchuse it the same day
leon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Excellent, but no rush mate ;) Take your time - have a walk in the woods - I did today - thousands of fungi - amazing shapes - I may take the camera back tomorrow :)

I'm spending my Christmas money at the moment :D

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i have also been for a walk in the woods today aswell, the spatula is 18cm long, is this ok
leon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I use old army ones (£5 each). Merino wool is good - try putting it into e-bay. Hudson bay ones are great but very, very pricy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE