list to learn

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
It would, but bits can get stuck under it when it lifts up over time. Trim the corners of the tape so that they are rounded and it won't lift up as easily. I suppose if you change the tape every trip, it should be OK.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Maybe some sort of plastic folded over would work, the stuff that you heat and it becomes malleable, but when it cools it goes rigid. You could make it so that you can remove it for cleaning and cooking. Speak to a CDT teacher at school, they may be able to help you out with something suitable.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Aslong as you use common sense you should never get a burn from a crusader cup (i'm assuming that's what you're talking about)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
No, it's slightly older than the crusader, it had a plastic lip protector that went all the way around the top of the cup but it went missing years ago!! I just cracked on with the mug as is for years until I got a crusader to replace it. Leon had just started bushcrafting and was after some kit, it was sat in my box of kit and was never gonna get used so I donated it to him.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
sorry about the delay i was just watching autumn watch, spamel i looked for the mug but couldnt find it i will have a proper look tommorow, if i do find it i will try tape if that doesnt work i will think of something else
leon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Damn it, our Beeb channels have gone down and I missed it tonight. Deer being my favourite animals too, I bet they had loads on didn't they?!! :banghead: It better work tomorrow night!!

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes it was a good show tonight mainly based on the deer, but a photographer was also trying to catch a snow hare on video
leon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Beeb isn't working here tonight, I don't know why, the channels just aren't working. I'm glad I don't have to pay my TV licence here in Germany or else I'd be really angry! :rolleyes:

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
unlucky, just to make you a bit more jelous you really did miss a good one lol
leon

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
No, it's slightly older than the crusader, it had a plastic lip protector that went all the way around the top of the cup but it went missing years ago!!

I saw one of these cups not so long ago (being used by someone, not in a shop) and have been trying to find one for ages - where the hell do they come from?

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
making and sleeping in my own shelter would be great, yes i would love to do that im sure my dad would be up for it aswell. im up for a bit of everything so whatever the other guys wanna do i will have a go although i would like to try a bit of tracking if its possible
leon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
dommyracer said:
I saw one of these cups not so long ago (being used by someone, not in a shop) and have been trying to find one for ages - where the hell do they come from?

I don't even remember where I got mine, I'd just go for the crusader if you are after buying a metal mug. Or, you could get an old yankee metal mug, they fit perfectly into the Swedish Army Trangias.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
spamel said:
Grrrrrrr! Thumbhole stock! :AR15firin :naughty:
Is the Grrrr a good thing or bad Spamel? I have to say I lurrrve that Silhouette laminate thumbhole (although I must confess I have shot that barrel out now and replaced with a superb funky Volqy fluted snake barrel ...same as this one

DSCN0309.JPG

I really must update my inventory picture with the new barrel...Roger (the smith) swears if he puts a new match trigger and titanium hammer he can get it it from 1/2 moa to 3/8. Hmmm think he just likes playing :D

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE