list to learn

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
The pic worked fine that time! :D

Is a bit fuzzy but sure looks like a thistle to me!

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
so all i have to do is take of the spikes so just the main stem is left and then munch away
leon

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
pretty much! - i'd check that the inside is 'nice and green' i've come accross quite a few that look black and 'yuk' in the middle!

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
so cut of every thing from the main stem open up to see if green and if it is just eat it
just wondering is it nice?
leon

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
no need to open up - just cut accross into 'chunks' that way you can see the cross section

i'ts an aquired taste i guess - best to follow the advice on the thistle nut thread - to try a little just to check you don't react! :eek:

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes ok i am about to have my dinner but after my dinner i will try some and then post if i liked them or not.
just thought i would tell everyone my dad had some old camo shorts, i cut off the bottom part of the leg and will use them as bags all i have to do is sew across the bottom, they even have strigs at the bottom so i can close it up and tye it closed
leon

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
very ingenious and resourceful! - make sure you take us some piccies!

(perhaps a little further away this time, I think you are a little too close with the camera to enable it to focus properly, if the thistle is anything to go by!;) )

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes i know lol dont worry i will probably post some pics of the bags tonight they arent sewed yet but youll get the idea. i will let my dinner get down and then try the thistle, i'll try to persuade my dad to try some aswell

leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i ate the thistle stem and i have to admit they wernt the nicest thing i have ever tasted in my opinion they tasted a bit plain but i would eat them if i was hungry
leon

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
They look just the job leon - time to get out the old needle and thread! (better still does mum have a sewing machine you could use?)

So you are not impressed with thistle then :)

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i am not overly impressed no but you know at least i have tryed it
no unfortunately we dont have a sewing machine but my mums mate does

leon

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I'm not the best in the world either but practice makes perfect and all I aim for is for the end result to be servicable!

(don't forget to turn them inside out before you sew your hem - that way all the hems will be hidden inside! ;) - you wouldn't beleive how many times i've ended up the wrong way round!!:lmao: )

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
yer but if i do it i will mess it up and i wont be able to use the bag, i think i will practice on some scrap stuff then it doesnt matter
leon

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
leon-b said:
i think i will practice on some scrap stuff then it doesnt matter
leon

good plan!

Tell you what, as an insentive (and to further the things you are learning), I'll make you one of these!

To earn it you have to complete your two 'leg bags' to make USABLE bags, post piccies AND GET MUM TO CONFIRM YOU DID IT YOURSELF (Gosh i'm mean! ;) )

deal?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE