Let Us Hear...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
What's YOUR most important principle of life?? :chill: I have mine, but would like to hear yours first. :wink:

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Tell us yours!!

I have a few. I think sportsmanship and the life-equivalent is probably the most important. (Would that be Lifemanship!! :?: )
*edit* for me :wink:

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Jake Rollnick said:
Tell us yours!!
LOL :lol: OK. It must be to never let things slide. There's many points of that principle of course (life saving or just good for ones health, to name two). :wave:

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
TheViking said:
What's YOUR most important principle of life?? :chill: I have mine, but would like to hear yours first. :wink:

I try to live without principle or moral! A principle, moral or religion quickly turns rigid and hinders you to make flexible decisions according to the ever changing situations in life. Life is ever changing but a principle is not.

If you want a sentence....hmm maybe

Don't have principles and stay flexible!
Abbe Osram 2005 :wink:

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Abbe Osram said:
Don't have principles and stay flexible!
Abbe Osram 2005 :wink:
I can agree with you on that at some point, but being positive and not letting things slide... isn't that vital? For me it is. You are right, these principles will never change, but are good in my eyes.

leon-1

Abbe, that is a good response, it's one of the things that I learnt in the forces was to be flexible and I have tried to stay like this in my life since, it enables you to adapt to situations and take things in your stride when and as needed :biggthump

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
For me it would be, as Shakespeare wrote:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

or, follow what is in your heart and your instinct.

Rhapsody

Forager
Jan 2, 2005
Aldershot, nr. Guildford, UK
Squidders said:
I have certain tenets I think I can't go far wrong by sticking to...

COURTESY
INTEGRITY
SELF-CONTROL
PERSEVERANCE
INDOMITABLE SPIRIT

Joe

Sounds familar to me... tell me, have you ever studied Tae Kwon Do?

My most important principle in life is that of continual development. I loathe the feeling of stagnation in my life, my skills and my mind and as such aim to constantly improve, refine and expand them.

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
I agree very much with Abbe, although I find the following to be very good advice: It's not the action but the thought behind it.
For example, if you get accused of disliking someone because they are a skinhead, it seems ridiculous to discriminate on appearance. But then think "But why did they choose to cut their hair like that? What image are they aiming at and why?". Obviously I don't mean anything against skinheads, if there are any on this forum! :wink:

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Rhapsody: Yup... 15 years TKD / 16 years Shotokan. I think it made me a better person. The tenets by their nature are non restrictive so can always apply.

arctic hobo: I used tried a skin head hair cut once, I looked like a pencil with an eraser on the end :wink: My motives for trying it were that I was curious what it would look like and how practical it would be (ie: no hair washing/drying/brushing) It worked at first but then I got complete head stubble and had problems putting t-shirts on and everything stuck to me like velcro. I found the whole thing hillarious, however I don't think someone undergoing chemotherapy would be of the same opinion.

peterkm

Nov 24, 2004
BELFAST
For me it's about two beliefs. 1) treat others and the world around as you would like to be treated yourself - with respect (a bit cheesy I know but there you are) and 2) knowledge and experience can only prepare you to a certain point but with the proper mental attitude almost anything is possible.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE