knives and how many

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

how many knive do you have ?

• 1-5

Votes: 83 29.6%
  • 5-10

Votes: 71 25.4%
  • 10 -15

Votes: 33 11.8%
  • 15 - 20

Votes: 26 9.3%
  • more than that and i need help

Votes: 67 23.9%

• Total voters

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
I think I have nine knives right now but in a couple days I'll be ordering two more. I have: kellam wolverine, Buck vanguard, dollar store swiss army type of knife(sucks of course), small lockback folder (unknown brand), two Victorinox spartans (one engraved with my name), Wenger swiss army knife with camoflauged scales (unknown model), a Winchester liner lock folder, and an old belt knife that might be home made but if it's not it must have been made by the worst knife company in the world or seen tons of use and no care. Soon I'll be ordering a Mora clipper and a Victorinox farmer. Only a few of those are actually used and the rest are just cheap knives I got when I was younger.

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
I haaave... in order of how much I like them atm:

Old Hickory Skinner (modified)
Tidioute #73 (drop and spey blades) folder
E. Jonsson Mora 4" (modified) x4
Erik Frost 106 Sloyd
Erik Frost spoon knife
Self-made kitchen knife
Mora Clipper (modified) x2
Self-made Seax, 5" (or thereabouts)
Self-made Seax, 3" (or thereabouts)
Self-made sgian dubh x3
Self-made "knifethatican'tthinkofawordtodescribe" :)D)
SAK ripoff
No name multitool x2

I actually thought it was a few less... still, I have a few more waiting to be bought :D

Mike - I think I've said so before but I love that sheep shear knife! I might see if I can find one kicking around when I'm on Skye, a lot of people have moved to the electric ones or stopped keeping sheep but there are plenty of sheds full of old tools and I expect plenty of people happy to sell stuff for a few quid. When we moved into our crofthouse on Skye we got two axes, an axe head, several saws, a hammer, a post hammer, three Scythes (one kid sized, which became mine) and two sets of shears :D Just wished that we had taken some stuff with us when we left. Still remember quite vividly how delighted I was when I first went into the shed though!

Pete

Jan 11, 2006
brecon
eek never bothered counting before ok here goes...um then not all bushcraft related ofc lol
4 cutthroats
8 flick knives
6 utillity knives
2 large bowie type knives
4 axes
3 multi tools
and one lockknife by toollogic with a firsteal and built in torch ...sounds cheap and gimmicky to be honest but its very well made and loocks the buisness ...i thought it was cheep untill i looked at the cataloge and discovered other versions of it come with a multitool attachment for GLOCk pistols lol
ofc only my frosts(mora?) and gransfors camp axe ever leave the house.

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
I've ordered my farmer and I forgot, I also ordered a crook knife! Can't wait to carve me a spoon. I'm also ordering an axe pretty soon along with my mora if that counts and I have a handle that has multiple gouges and stuff that go into it and one of those is a knife.

Air Pirate

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2009
Nashville, TN, USA
In front of me on the computer desk: Pocket utility razor, Shrade, SAK Farmer, Benchmade Griptilian, Gerber Gator, Leatherman Skeletool, Spiderco Endura 4, Cold Steel Pocket Bushman

In my pockets: Smitth & Wesson Special Tactical, Victorinox Super Tinker, Victorinox Classic (on key ring)

On the wooden chest next to the desk: Mora #1, Mora #2, Mora Craftsman, BHK Tiger Knapp Knife, BHK Small Tiger Knapp Knife

Then there's the Knife set of drawers in my "adventure locker" in the garage. I can't name all of those off the top of my head. My wife saw the poll and instantly said that I fell under the "needs help" catagory. I feel like I'm perfectly in control, I can stop any time I want, I just don't want to stop.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Just found my old reply about half way through.
I think I've just about doubled the count since then!

Hoodoo? Whats that medicine called you said I need?

Dave

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
So far:
Mora Clipper
Opinel no.7
drop point blank (needs scales)
Viccy Forrester
Viccy Hunstman
Draper swiss knife, actually quite reliable.
Bayonet 1 - (deact east german cold war pattern for ak74)
Bayonet 2 - (deact Russian cold war pattern for ak74)
Freaky scary knife given to me by father in law which i reckon is about as illegal as it gets and pretty soon is getting recycled or handed in!

the bayo's are from my airsofting days, part of the kit used whilst out and about in the field for shelter and general choppyness, they do not fit onto rifles so no danger of an idiot doing a bayo charge (which we never allowed anyways)

Mrs_Ursus

Nov 30, 2009
Wiltshire
I have just 2 knives, a little Case Canoe knife that is *always* in my pocket and a Mora Clipper. Until very recently, I had something of a knife phobia (having had a bad experience a long time ago) so the fact that I'm happy to use these 2 is a bit of a miracle. I'm content with using my Mora to learn and hone some skills, but ultimately I think I'd like a custom.

PeterHW

Forager
Dec 31, 2005
U.K.
Well I have a "collection" I guess....did'nt intend to perhaps acquire as many....they are mainly custom knives or high end manufacturers such as Busse....I don't really want to try counting them or adding up how much they are worth....it will only either make me anxious...or have me telling myself it is a part of my "pension plan".....it's around 50 ish...a lot more than I need ....

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
Here we go : 4 SAKs and two Moras as well. I suppose axes don't really fit in the picture but here they are anyway. Plus a Shing slippy on order.

Sharpthings.jpg

NS

Last edited:

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
hmmm, not sure how many i have in total, i must have at least 20 folders, 25 fixed blades, i have 4 machetes, 1 SFA, 2 billhooks and 3 17th centuary swords.

the fixed blades range from moras to home mades to customs..

i only use about 5 reguarly though

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
i have three.

1x SAK
1x £3 folder
1x nessmuk i made myself.

i think that's it.

got two (well 4 actually) axes and a billhook too. lol.

andy

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Well then
If I listen to some peeps I have to many and other peeps not enough lol
I have
1 fixed blade
2 locking
1 svorde (group buy)
4 or 5 leathermans can't remember off hand
1 husky axe great little thing and half the price of the gransfor wildlife
now then is this too many or too few

scott

Lupis

Forager
Dec 12, 2009
Scotland
I have 2 SAK, a Mora clipper and a Gerber multitool. I also have a monsterous Rambo style knife someone gave me. Only reason I still have it is because it was a gift. I should have 2 other small fixed blade knives I've had since I was a kid but they seem to have gone AWOL! :eek:

Old Pa

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2009
Northwoods
Hello, my name's Old Pa and I'm a lifelong blade-oholic. Big and little, fixed and folding, old and new. SAKs, Randalls, Gerbers, Moras, Beckers, Pumas, Bark River, Boker, Benchmade, Spyderco, Ek, Kershaw, CRKT and more. Hunting, fishing, camping, tactical, whittling, bushcraft, axes, machetes, bayonets, scandis and otherwise. And no closet queens; they all get used. What's more, I'm sure I need all of 'em. I'm not asking for help. I just had to tell somebody. :D Some Randalls:

2991594305_59e91d7b9d_b.jpg

Last edited:

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
this lot:

plus probably 20 others in fishing boxes, survival packs etc. and just lost in boxes and trouser pockets. from this picture taken November i have since lost 2.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE