Kit that's allowed to be carried on the outside of a rucksack...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Sometimes the mascot carrying strap is hijacked by the shaft of an iceaxe.... good packs often have one strap for the iceaxe and one for the mascot...

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
hahaha I have a roll mat and crab on the outside too Stu, we can be together!

we can be knobbers together! yay!.............wait a second, did i say that out loud?

... you appear to be missing the regulation "pink" (April - July) Teddy Bear?

please, please, please someone try and find me a day-glo pink gecko so i can have seasonal mascots!

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Sometimes the mascot carrying strap is hijacked by the shaft of an iceaxe.... good packs often have one strap for the iceaxe and one for the mascot...

way ahead of you on that one john....

2sazcbc.jpg

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
what bushwhacker said in thread 16 indwell said shaggistu and ged snobbery at its worst regards dave

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
....This bright pink gecko will hang on your wall, inside or out! It is certainly an 'eye catcher'. Two hangers on the back enable it to be hung in any position. It measures approximately 32cm long x 25cm wide......

nice call southey!

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I can't even fit my cheapo sleeping bag in my crappy backpack! it gets tied on to the top so it can bounce up and down and annoy me..

I think if you're walking to and from your location then having lots of stuff strapped to you is ok, but if you've driven there and still decide to be a pack mule then you fall into the knobber category.

having a boat load of crap strapped to your back is just uncomfy, really really uncomfy. I may look into getting an old golf bag trolley to wheel in the woods as I don't drive and crates of beer, food and water weight a frigging tonne!

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Millitary water bottles are ONLY for putting Millitary Water into - lots of rules being broken today....:eek:

surely you mean; water, military............you need to be careful or the NATO stock number fetishists will be after you

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE