Kit that has never been bettered

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Far better than wellies (although I use Grubbs Stalkers with vibram soles), warmer, much better to walk long distances in. They aren't waders for sure but for general muck shovelling, I love mine. I have nearly worn my first pair out now...but thats several years hard use

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
What about muck boots then ? Wellies for the 21st century !

Craig............

:lmao: Just remembered a funny tale -My mate had just bought a pair of real tree boots whilst camping in the lakes -he got talking to a one legged fisherman this day whilst at the camp site -The next day when he woke up ,the fisherman had left the camp and so had one of his boots !!!!!!:lmao::lmao:

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
:lmao: Just remembered a funny tale -My mate had just bought a pair of real tree boots whilst camping in the lakes -he got talking to a one legged fisherman this day whilst at the camp site -The next day when he woke up ,the fisherman had left the camp and so had one of his boots !!!!!!:lmao::lmao:

:lmao::lmao:Now that is funny !

Craig..............

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
pac a mac, no seriously when I was a nipper that is all you had to keep dry and you were probably a wimp for carrying that. (no not the four Yorkshiremen again!)

Dec 16, 2007
Ill also go with the 58' waterbottle.
I dont care about the BPA this or carcongenic that I have been using them from at least 1983 when I was in the cadets and it has done me no harm at all.
The only improvement for the kit was the crusader mug in my eyes.
You can get your nalgene and stick it 58' all the way. Plus you can use it for an improv game of rugger.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
-Pack saddles
-Bolt action rifles (the action itself at least; there are newer stock materials now)
-Blue jeans
-Farmers' bib overalls
-Wives (still hard to find the right one though)

Beardy

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 28, 2010
UK

Not to worry, he can't have gone far with it :p

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I purchased my US ALICE water bottle and steel mug in '83 from the long since defunct military warehouse mail order, so I'd say yes.

83? They predate ALICE; they go back to WWII. But the canteen was metal then and the mug had a fold under handle instead of the current butterfly design, so technically they have been "bettered."

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
83? They predate ALICE; they go back to WWII. But the canteen was metal then and the mug had a fold under handle instead of the current butterfly design, so technically they have been "bettered."

I have one, it makes boiling water over an open fire much easier than the newer version or Crusader :)

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
I have one, it makes boiling water over an open fire much easier than the newer version or Crusader :)
The 58 water bottle is better than the US one for the following reason...It's got a wide mouth so is easier to fill from a stream and easier to fill from a larger water container such as a Jerry can. As its easier to fill you spill less.The crusader mug is better than the current US one only in the fact it has measuring marks on it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE