Kit that has never been bettered

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
I suppose it's not massively bushcrafty but sort of related, but shotguns! The basic boxlock or sidelock action hasn't changed drastically for a very long time, I have friends that still use guns made in the late 19th Century!

deepforest2501

Tenderfoot
Oct 10, 2007
Northern Ireland
army poncho, after getting soaked through on a weeklong bushcraft course, wearing my expensive gore tex jacket i swore i'd never mothball my dads old army kit again. wellys (for irish summers), canvas backpacks, I hate those cordura things, but needs must I suppose. My Dad reckons mess tins are key bits of kit, used as a cup, plate and wash basin.(not all at once though)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Could say the same for pretty much everything mentioned so far on this thread.

Standing on the shoulders of giants and all that.

Yeah. It's more like claiming that, "yes the knife (bow, stove, pack, whatever) has been bettered BUT!! The latest version hasn't been bettered.

gliderrider

Forager
Oct 26, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
German Sleeping Bag(Though could be improved by being warmer in winter, and a pee flap.)
Axes, havent really changed since flint weapons & Tools, cant see them changing much unless we evolve to have extra limbs or so on.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I suppose it's not massively bushcrafty but sort of related, but shotguns! The basic boxlock or sidelock action hasn't changed drastically for a very long time, I have friends that still use guns made in the late 19th Century!

I have a hankering for a damascus barreled hammer lock :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE