Kit and the like

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
This pencil means I can draw Bushcraft better than you all!

284391_10150330636829073_539479072_9525650_3605560_n.jpg

:p
Can you get a Bear Grylls pencil? Nearly made a comment, unfairly, about faking what I would do with it but I think it is time we moved on after that faking issue to accept him as someone else adding to the whole bushcraft knowledge!

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Theres nothing wrong with having a sit down wee every now and again, stops me going on the seat in the early hours in the dark. I dont need a shewee though!!!! Well only if its really cold! :eek:

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
I use old cheap gear and i also like new expensive(to some) gear, i work 12 hour days 5 days a week usually and work bloody hard too, and i come from a working class back ground, so ill buy what i like and use what i like, ill match your jeans in a weeks bad weather with my PC Fjallraven troos any day buddy, times move on and kit gets better and better, some old classics still remain but thats evolution for you eh.
We all get dealt a hand and its how we play the deck of life that makes a person what they are in life i know bankers on half a mil to a mil a year that work 16 hr days and weekends for what they have and work bloody hard too, and some come from a working class background ill have you know and they have made it good and bloody good luck to them id never judge a man for making it good from hard toil weather in the field or city, what makes me really angry is people who sit on their arses moaning theres no work or they have no money, my mate has 3 kids and as many jobs one in the day then cabbying in the evenings and another weekend job he EARNS a good living and reaps the benifits, and by eck has he got some gucci kit! and good luck to him!!!

You seem happy with your stuff and what you use? why prejudge others by what they use? thats a pretty poor way of looking at the world and wont make you any friends along the way...

I know hes gone but i bet you a pound to a pinch of pig poo hes reading this!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
They'd better not ;)

To quote my eldest when I commented that I'd never, ever had to clean a wet toilet after either of my boys yet a neighbour complainted bitterly about hers.

"My masculinity is not dependant on standing up to pee in my mother's house!" :rolleyes:

I found the idea of the 'extention tubes' for a shewee a hilarious concept.....can we say penile envy :D :D wait for the wee coiled up metre long tube in a pink purse :rolleyes: that'll be next.

I like being female :cool: Much tidier arrangement that your handy wee hose attachments :D

Do we think that this is far enough off topic now ??

M

P.S. Sorry Paganwolf, I was answering Drew. I agree with what you've said.
Toddy

Last edited:

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
i got a better computer than you so there lol, i dont know it takes all sorts to make a world but as a good friend of mine once said( no man is an island)
regards dave

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I think women have it good in very cold conditions. I mean the shewee extensions won't embarass you by shrinking when peeing in the cold and if its too small you get an extra length of tubing and you'll be ok. Also I believe you can choose your colour too!! Us blokes can't do that nor should we as we are great whatever colour our attachments are. Where am I going with this? Lost my train of thought must be this really long day of internet surfing at work I've done. Think I'll head home.

BTW Toddy, has the OP asked for his account to be frozen yet? Just wondering in case he's sitting at home lurking and reading what he has started. There is even a second thread as a result of it!! I hope he is still lurking.

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
i got a better computer than you so there lol, i dont know it takes all sorts to make a world but as a good friend of mine once said( no man is an island)
regards dave
Everyone's got a better computer than me. Work one is single core celeron. Home pc is pentium 150!! DOn't use that anymore. Not got USB as win 95 SP1 with no USB support so can't use my USB mobile internet. I realised recently that my samsung galaxy s2 has dual core 1.2 processor speed chip which is even more processing power than my works laptop!! Makes you wonder doesn't it.

chris_irwin

Nomad
Jul 10, 2007
oxfordshire
When going through this forum i keep noticing the irony of it all.

Lot's of people view Bushcraft as a way to get closer to nature, learn skills used by our ancestor and embrace the wee man inside that want's to smash stuff with axes and other sharp stuff and burn stuff.

The idea of getting closer to nature but doing it with things like titanium mugs, goretex jackets, clothing that has more research, thought, expertise into it than apollo 11.

We like to think we appreciate nature more and help protect it by not taking greenwood, which on here seems to be worse than murder..

Going out into the woods to feel more connected to the land by hauling in 200 pound worth of gear.

Anyone new to bushcraft might think he needs all that crap but you don't.

A pair of jeans, a t shirt, a couple of jumpers and a jacket plus couple of pairs of socks and boots is all you'll need in winter, you dont need titanium, just get a ss tin, you don't need a 30 pound tarp or a 200 pound sleeping bag or even a 50 pound knife.

We a

Whilst I agree in some respects, and this is a bushcraft forum, people do tend to have a lot of other outdoor interests. One of mine is hiking for example, if I use titanium as opposed to SS, it keeps my load lighter and helps me to keep more comfortable. Besides, I don't think using stainless steel will make me feel any less connected to nature, nor would it make me carry less gear, more in fact.

I understand what you mean, but everyone enjoys different things and has a different view of bushcraft. Personally, I enjoy spending my money on outdoor gear and using it. I'm not going to lug a chainsaw out into the woods, but equally I'm not going to attempt to make my own axe out of flint....

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Everyone likes a bargain.

Everyone likes showing off their kit at meets. - Everyone thinks "B*gger me sideways that's good! I should get something like that/one of those/find a cheaper version on ebay/ make one myself 'cos you got ripped off you daft sod"

Everyone likes a nice guy.

Everyone hates an ar..... not so nice guy.

As for me - I have the kit that I have - I've only just graduated from uni so the luxury of extra kit is simply not an option. I fully intend to upgrade what I have at some point but frankly I'm happy and I'm comfortable so what's the problem??

I'll have to return to this thread tomorrow after I've been out getting pashed! :D
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE