Kit and the like

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Paganwolf said

" ill match your jeans in a weeks bad weather with my PC Fjallraven troos any day buddy" but I would not go out for a week in bad weather wearing jeans pal lol.

My little camping spot is near Sennybridge, lovely drive from home (Aberdare) and even in winter you see hardy hill walkers out in some pretty pee poor weather, Gortexed top and bottom with their pack and enjoying themselves while I have a car full of gear.

Now, while I did my full share of that when fitness gave the OK I now choose a comfortable weekend away and why not but if younger/older/fitter folk here limit their outdoor experience to camping in an acre or three of woodland making spoons or the perfect fire, all I can say is you are missing so much of the UK. The island is small but my goodness its a true gem in terms of diversity.

darrenleroy

Nomad
Jul 15, 2007
London
I bet prehistoric men gathered round the campfire and compared kit. It is in our DNA. anything that gives us an edge over nature is appreciated.

I guess the problem for some is the move away from craft-made or even self-made kit to mass produced stuff. But indigenous American indians coveted 'western' cloths and adapted it to their own needs. A technological advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE