Kayak Sail

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
Flat Earth seem to be quite well thought of, they are available from Karitek in Ayrshire, my club has several P&H Delphins fitted with the P&H sail which also seems quite well thought of. These are both of the single fixed mast type, with various pieces of kit bolted to the deck, there are also the popup hand held type, like a cross between an umbrella and a kite.. I don't use them myself but if you look up Douglas Wilcox on the UKRGB he is an avid kayak sailor and will be able to tell you whatever you need to know.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
I have a Windpaddle that is fun to use on both my cruising kayak and the sit-on-top. One problem is that with me and the weight of the SOT, an Ocean Prowler, it takes a decent bit of wind to shift us but the wind and tide etc have to be right for the waves not to get too high and thus knock off the forward speed. Steering with the paddle is easy and I find a rudder is not needed especially if I either attach the control line to front of my bouyancy aid or the paddle handle.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE