Is this a good knife?

walshy155

Banned
Aug 10, 2011
Llanelli, South Wales
I have recently obtained a Mora Clipper 840MG (suggested by many here) and it is great!, for my birthday I will be getting a DC3/4 stone, but anyway should I get a Mora Bushcraft Survival on my birthday? This would be my main knife then.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
I have recently obtained a Mora Clipper 840MG (suggested by many here) and it is great!, for my birthday I will be getting a DC3/4 stone, but anyway should I get a Mora Bushcraft Survival on my birthday? This would be my main knife then.
hi mate, is the mora bushcraft survial the one with the sharpner, and fire steel, if so i think you would be better spending the 50 quid on a blank and make your self a better knife, i love all my mora's but that one is well over priced in my opinion.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
No need mate, the clipper will do just as much for a fifth of the price. You certainly wouldn't be getting more knife for your money

walshy155

Banned
Aug 10, 2011
Llanelli, South Wales
hi mate, is the mora bushcraft survial the one with the sharpner, and fire steel, if so i think you would be better spending the 50 quid on a blank and make your self a better knife, i love all my mora's but that one is well over priced in my opinion.

Hmm OK then, I really don't want to make my own knife handles etc, can you recommend me a knife around this price range (higher or lower) that is very good, and also has integrated firesteel (not so much for a integrated sharpener)

I've also been interested in the BG ultimate knife, but it seems bad. Maybe I can glue a firesteel on a clipper lol.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Hmm OK then, I really don't want to make my own knife handles etc, can you recommend me a knife around this price range (higher or lower) that is very good, and also has integrated firesteel (not so much for a integrated sharpener)

I've also been interested in the BG ultimate knife, but it seems bad. Maybe I can glue a firesteel on a clipper lol.

Buy a leather sheath for your clipper with integrated firesteel loop and a fire steel, that's all you'll need.

People that would do them are Lukylee, Rancid Badger, Topknot, G4GHB or Decorum to name a few leatherworkers on the forum. If I missed you out then I apologise :)

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Buy a leather sheath for your clipper with integrated firesteel loop and a fire steel, that's all you'll need.

People that would do them are Lukylee, Rancid Badger, Topknot, G4GHB or Decorum to name a few leatherworkers on the forum. If I missed you out then I apologise :)

very good idea and a perfect solution to "customise" your Mora.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
:p

Accepted.......

Peanut

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2011
Essex
I think Mesquite is right. You're probably better off just getting a quality sheath for the mora you've got that'll have the firesteel loop on it. I'd stick with the Mora you've got now and use that for a while before looking for another knife. Once you've used the Mora for a while and done a variety of different things with it, you'll start to figure out what it's missing or what you want to add/take away/change about it, and then you'll probably have more cash to buy a custom blade if you so wish.

As has already been said, you can get the core components of the Mora bushcraft separately and still have change left over instead of spending £50 on the package. That said, some people love the bulshcraft package. It's up to you of course.

I can't really speak for the "stick with one knife" though... I like getting and using new knives. All of mine (except the woodlore) see a lot of use though so that justifies it in my mind (not that my mrs agrees of course!)

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Mora Clipper £10ish
Kydex Sheath - £30ish
LMF - £11ish

007.jpg

Priceless
mastercard_priceless.jpg

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none

you make it sound so simple...

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I'm too young to view any forums, but they were stupid enough to not restrict me to sign up.

Many of these 'stupid' people are members here, including the forum owner, a sharpish bit of editing and a pm'd apology might be a good idea.

Edited to add:

redandshane beat me to it. :eek:

Edited to add:

In answer to your question, a clipper is all the knife you will need, if you have money to spend, spend it on something else or save another thirty to sixty pounds for a nice custom knife.

Edited to add:

Why do you think you need to have the firestick and stone attached to your sheath? Not being cheeky just curious to know if you've thought this through.

Last edited:

walshy155

Banned
Aug 10, 2011
Llanelli, South Wales
Many of these 'stupid' people are members here, including the forum owner, a sharpish bit of editing and a pm'd apology might be a good idea.

Edited to add:

redandshane beat me to it. :eek:

Edited to add:

In answer to your question, a clipper is all the knife you will need, if you have money to spend, spend it on something else or save another thirty to sixty pounds for a nice custom knife.

Edited to add:

Why do you think you need to have the firestick and stone attached to your sheath? Not being cheeky just curious to know if you've thought this through.

I was just saying it was stupid to let me sign up but then not let me view.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE