Inventions that should Exist

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Abuse rises when they're forced to use real names but what about when identifiable as in more than just a name or a face? Also I've not heard about research to say identity being linked to your Internet usage making abuse worse so I'd be interested in a source for that.

One thing though, it is likely to only work well for stable, democratic nations. Wouldn't think Russia should be in any such scheme.
The Real Name Fallacy

Being truly anonymous online is difficult. In fact I'd bet very few people know how to achieve it. It requires quite a lot of knowledge and a lot of discipline.

Was just reading about a drug dealer that was identified by a photograph of him holding a block of Stilton cheese online. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-57226165

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
The Real Name Fallacy

Being truly anonymous online is difficult. In fact I'd bet very few people know how to achieve it. It requires quite a lot of knowledge and a lot of discipline.

Was just reading about a drug dealer that was identified by a photograph of him holding a block of Stilton cheese online. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-57226165

PUTS ON SCOOBY-DOO VOICE.

" And I would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for those damn pesky meddling Camemberts!!! "

LOL!!!

"The detective said "his love of Stilton cheese" ultimately led to his downfall after his palm and fingerprints were analysed and it was established they belonged to Stewart."

His love of Stilton was his Downfall.... indeed. Many a man has lost his well being to the Dairy goodness of a Baby-bel fetish.. :)

TLM

Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
It is not difficult in itself, one just has to be paranoic and move a lot. ;) It actually gets slightly complicated and one needs a few tools but doable, never bothered with it (so far ...).

Woody110

Mod
Mod
Mar 8, 2009
Leeds, Yorkshire
Retro electric appliances, still full function, but with dials and actual buttons that are familiar to people over 65...not tough screens with 40 options available to run a load of laundry.
They tell us that we have an aging population, then all the new appliances and equipment has features that only teenagers can understand (exaggerating a little).
The stipulation for our new microwave was two dials, one for power and the other for time.
our washer is also new and has one dial and a start button. It does do fancy stuff like changing how long it take depending on the load size, but it does that by itself.

TLM

Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
They tell us that we have an aging population, then all the new appliances and equipment has features that only teenagers can understand (exaggerating a little).
From my experience the teens can use them but not understand what they do ...

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
You may want to have a look at the Chinese Social credit System.

It sounds like an episode of Black Mirror but its very very real. And without adorning my tin foil hat a few Western Governments have shown enough interest in the outcome to purchase some software i'm informed.

Imagine THAT . I can see the merits in what you are saying - no more Keyboard Commandos being excessively rude or trolling on line but equally flip it over - a world where one can't criticise or raise a form of digital free speech.

Anywhere - here is a link.

And if you think this maybe all tin foil hat conspiracy fantasy.

Todays news.

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
From '1984' to 'Minority report ' we shouldn't be too surprised that life seems to be imitating fiction.
Those who have downloaded the Apps after getting their 'C' jabs have been tracked & data collected on their behaviour, without their consent or knowledge, for a government study.......& that is in the UK.
Little Brother is watching you.

Last edited:

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Every time I a television presenter looks into the camera and says, "I'll see you later," I think of George Orwell 's 1984.

Even spookier, as I typed George in the above paragraph, the predictive text immediately came up with Orwell.

Just caught a touch of paranoia!

Reactions: TeeDee

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
The Real Name Fallacy

Just because us scousers like a bit of cheese you have to pick on us, it isn't fair, it's a pity I don't like vegetables otherwise I would become a vegetarian.

Souledman

Nov 14, 2020
Glasgow
Something that you can spray on dog mess or bird droppings which dissolves it and breaks it down into safe nothing. Obvious application is tidying up after careless dog owners, probably good for careful ones who don’t want to handle it and more personally I’ve got an issue with pigeons fouling up my garden at the moment.

TLM

Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Or Calcium oxide (quicklime or burnt lime) might do the job also.
Other strong bases would do I guess. There might be some enzymes that would quicken the composting or some fertilizer-like mixes that feed composting bacteria, they are used in composting septic tanks.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Not so much an Invention but something that should be a standard thing.

Any electrical powered item that you have that has a separate power cord - on that power cord should be either printed or pre-provided TAG on the item that its supposed to be assigned to.

Getting narked with having a gorgonites head full of leads...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE