Should have been today...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yeah, all doing good thanks Steve, just going to go and put a tent up because it seems the right thing to do :D
Hope you and yours are all good?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I am missing it - big time! :(
But this morning I was teaching Fire Lighting and recently talked the new owner of my permission woods into letting me keep on playing in there as often as I want :)
And the sun is shining ....

Reactions: Seoras and SaraR

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
It's the alternate year when Ian can't make it anyway due to work, but I'm missing it and looking forward to when we can all meet up.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
I had deliberately pushed this - and a load of other good things we had planned - to the back of my mind. Then I got a calendar reminder this morning. . Still, got to keep positive. Hope everyone is doing ok, and hopefully we'll all catch up next year .

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Packed my gear in hope way back in may hoping against hope it would be possible. Havnt had the heart to unpack,even though I couldn't come as I'm vunerable.
Guess it's time to get it put away and get my sofa back.:(:aarghh::aarghh:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Tis a shame, the forecast is good for the week too. I put my bell tent up on Saturday for my stepson and 3yr old grandson to have a different sort of a weekend, I’ll have a night or two in it this week and take some pics to toast all you intrepid mooters.

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
It'll take another year to find out for sure - but I wonder if this can be the year when I break the habit of taking way to much stuff!

Of course, it could equally be the year when I decide that my truck is too small!

Stiff upper lips everyone, we'll be back in the woods soon!

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Oh, I do. The footprint of your Robens is my garden... And... I live 20 mtrs from the main road.
How lucky am I then ?
And I can't just casually wander down to Crowden ATM.

It’s a nice tent, but not Robens, it’s an Obelink Sahara Deluxe. Deluxe just means zipped groundsheet so it’s optional and the sides can be rolled up. It was a good buy at around £380 compared to the Soulpad tents which were the glam flavour of the month (identical Chinese heavy canvas manufacture and twice the price). It’s put up with some heavy rain and wind and not flinched or leaked apart from a bit of puddle splash back through one of the half moon vents around the edge.

Hope you can get out soon Dave, we’re going to wait until Autumn to get away for a while, hopefully the areas will be less busy and the Covidiots driven home by slight drizzle, though I doubt they’ll take their rubbish with them. One of the things we didn’t really consider at the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic was how much of a tie it is to plant up loads of pots and growbags in a sort of stoic wartime spirit. It’s been a pleasure to grow stuff to eat, but now we can’t get away because it all needs watering (a lot), feeding, harvesting, eating, preserving etc Our garden looks (looked) lovely, but we’re about the same distance as you from the A286, we hear the traffic all day though it’s pretty quiet at night.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE