How to expel worms?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
torjusg said:
What do you suggest? Eating your own poo? How can that help? I am not sure what you mean. Sounds like magic to me! :D

Torjus Gaaren

Sorry if that was ambiguous. As someone else suggested I was trying to say - STOP the cycle of re-infection. So STOP effectively eating your own poo. I hope that is clearer.

NickBristol

Forager
Feb 17, 2004
Bristol, UK
I read an article on tapeworms in some magazine in the dentist's waiting room. Can't remember the mag but it was something like 'Chat' or 'Take a Break' - There was nothing else to read and I hate dentists ok?!?! :rolleyes:

Anyway, this bloke had picked up his infection in Tenerife from a cut on his foot. Caused him no end of problems after a few weeks and ended up losing a couple of stone. His cure was given to him by a little old Scottish lady on a bus one day - strip down the leaves from a cabbage and eat the heart raw. He dismissed it as mad rambling until a particularly bad time when he reasoned he had nothing to lose. To cut the story short, it worked within the hour and left him with the worm in a jam jar as a momento.

Anyone heard of cabbage as a remedy, or know what the active ingredient might be? Maybe worms just don't like cabbage...

Pappa

Need to contact Admin...
May 27, 2005
South Wales
www.plot55.com
Wormwood was always used as a treatment for worms, hence the name. If thujone is the parasiticide in Wormwood, perhaps Common Sage would be an even better choice, as it contains more thujone than Wormwood.

Also, be careful ingesting tobacco. A couple of fags would probably be alright, but I wouldn't try tobacco concentrate of any kind, it can be lethal, especially to a non-smoker.

Pappa

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
I was on exercise in Warcop (near Penrith) when one of my guys complained of worms in his poo. :confused:

Being his boss, I took him to the local village doctor, who confirmed the diagnosis and prescribed some pills. :(

According to the Doc the gungy soldier probaly picked them up from sheeps poo, teach him to wash his hands :D

The Doc also said that the locals worm their kids quite regularly :eek:

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
You sure it was his hands that he should have washed???

Yep, you can easily suffer nicotene overdose from eating baccy. Sprogs can die from chewing a couple of butts! If wormwood does the job then take regular absinthe as a preventative. Works for me... ;)

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Iam not afraid of heights,i can climb anything,i am not frightened of enclosed spaces i am not really phobic about anything but the thought of having worms really really gives me the hee bee jee bees and the full on screaming ab dabs.Horrible.

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
CLEM said:
Iam not afraid of heights,i can climb anything,i am not frightened of enclosed spaces i am not really phobic about anything but the thought of having worms really really gives me the hee bee jee bees and the full on screaming ab dabs.Horrible.

My tape worm really wasn't bad at all....in fact as it ment I could eat as much food as I liked and still lose weight I rather enjoyed it! lol :lmao:

I think the film "Alien", where that thing comes out of the guys belly has a lot to answer for! lol ;)

Bam. :)

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
bambodoggy said:
My tape worm really wasn't bad at all....in fact as it ment I could eat as much food as I liked and still lose weight I rather enjoyed it! lol :lmao:

I think the film "Alien", where that thing comes out of the guys belly has a lot to answer for! lol ;)

Bam. :)
Its truly revolts me matey it really does,allthough being a bulky sort myself the weight loss effects does sound handy.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
I've had worms a few times. When I was a kid and when I lived in the third world. I tried natural remedies like soaking raw garlic in water overnight and drinking it in the morning. (As much as I love garlic it's not an experience I'd recommend unless you are desperate :yuck: .) I tried hot chillies too and some other remedies but nothing truly worked except the medicine, which got rid of them pretty much immediately.

A friend said he got rid of his tapeworm by eating lots of hot chillies. Don't know if it's true but he seemed believable.

ASFAIK the garlic/chilly remedy works on the basis that a large amount of undigested stuff that the worms dislike will end up in your bowels and cause them to want to move home so they will be passed out when you go to the toilet (or they might crawl out of you :eek: )

Worms are not something you want to have in your body; they are dangerous to your health and the health of others. Sometimes the symptoms, even from pin worms can be quite severe.

If you are living in conditions where worms are a major concern it might be best to have a survival kit that includes deworming pills. By all means try a natural remedy but don't do like I did and spend weeks refusing to take the "evil" medicine if it doesn't work. Mebendazole kills the worms and is the preferred medical treatment for anyone over 2 years old.

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
CLEM said:
Its truly revolts me matey it really does,allthough being a bulky sort myself the weight loss effects does sound handy.

To be fair I think if I'd known it was in me I'd have felt different...I had no idea until the Thai Whiskey did it's thing and out came wormy at my next "visit". ;)

JoshG

Nomad
Sep 23, 2005
Stockton-on-tees, England.
Pappa said:
Wormwood was always used as a treatment for worms, hence the name. If thujone is the parasiticide in Wormwood, perhaps Common Sage would be an even better choice, as it contains more thujone than Wormwood.

Also, be careful ingesting tobacco. A couple of fags would probably be alright, but I wouldn't try tobacco concentrate of any kind, it can be lethal, especially to a non-smoker.

Pappa
Ooh thujone the psychoactive, does it still have the same brain altering properties in sage? :D *notes this down* And yes I completely agree. One cigarette in a cup of water left to diffuse overnight is a lethal dose of nicotine, so I wouldn't reccomend any kind of tobacco consumption. Personally I think the best way to rid of them is to starve the buggers. I've never had them, but I would just fast. Drink your water and when you gotta go, you gotta go, sucka. :)

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
JoshG said:
Personally I think the best way to rid of them is to starve the buggers. I've never had them, but I would just fast. Drink your water and when you gotta go, you gotta go, sucka. :)

Wait till you've had one Josh....the urge to eat is virtually uncontrollable, I'm not even sure it's possible to starve one out if you could manage to stop yourself from eating. With mine I was deadly hungry from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to sleep. :)

Bam. :D

JoshG

Nomad
Sep 23, 2005
bambodoggy said:
Wait till you've had one Josh....the urge to eat is virtually uncontrollable, I'm not even sure it's possible to starve one out if you could manage to stop yourself from eating. With mine I was deadly hungry from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to sleep. :)

Bam. :D
Wow man, I didn't take that into consideration, although I completely see why that would happen. I guess then that the whisky option is a good one! (if it really works) :D

directdrive

Forager
Oct 22, 2005
USA
A friend of mine picked up an intestinal worm in the Phillipines back in the 60's and got rid of it by drinking a tablespoon of gasoline (petrol)......said the gas was awful but did kill the worms which were expelled the following morning..........Bruce :lmao:

JoshG

Nomad
Sep 23, 2005
directdrive said:
A friend of mine picked up an intestinal worm in the Phillipines back in the 60's and got rid of it by drinking a tablespoon of gasoline (petrol)......said the gas was awful but did kill the worms which were expelled the following morning..........Bruce :lmao:
I'm surprised it didn't kill him aswell :eek:
I don't think i'd be up for drinking any amount of petrol just to rid of some bowel dwellers.

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle
As a side note to this topic:
In developed countries like ours, where intestinal parasites are virtually unknown, there exist several diseases like colitis ulcerosa or morbus crohn which are linked to this absence of parasites.
The human immune system, not being challenged enough through the absence of these parasites which accompanied the human until the last fifty years, is believed to be a possible cause for these horrible diseases. There are even thoughts on feeding patients with eggs of Trichuris suis to cure them.
Whether or not this proves to be true, there remains the fact that in countries with low standards of living, and therefore less hygiene too, these diseases dont exist.
So maybe the odd worm is not too bad for your health and you can always consider drinking large amounts of "Mekong" :)

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
i was recently taught a natural and simple cure for tapeworms..

you will need 7 apples, 6 marsbars and a very good friend and a pair of plyers ;)

for 6 days eat a strict diet of an apple mars bar in that order leaving just 1 min between the two..

on the 7th day eat just an apple, bend over an wait for the worm to look out and shout 'oi wheres be bl***y marsbar' and have your willing helper grab it with the plyers and pull like buggery :)

merry christmas!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE