How to expel worms?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
I know boiled nettle roots were once used, but I don't know how effective it was. Neem tea is another remedy. There's also a page here dealing with this topic.

F

fastbreak

torjusg said:
I guess it is advicable to prevent getting intestinal worms, but if you got one what would you do? Assuming of course that you have just natural means to help you with. Is it possible to starve them out?

Torjus Gaaren

No, you will starve first. You can't simply expel them either. The best thing to do is to leave them be until you can get appropriate medical attention.

Have fun

Mike

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
Thank you for your quick replies. But Mike, if civilisation goes "where the pepper grow" (Is this an expression in English too)? Then I would like to have a way to kill these things. From what I've heard it used to be one of the main causes of deformities on the body.

Led, I have heard about using tobacco before as well. The person that used this remedy swallowed chewing tobacco. She vomited for several days, but it worked. Nettle roots, hmm, that sounds like a remedy to live with.

What are the symptomes of having intestinal worms?

Torjus Gaaren

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Reminds me of an old joke about a fire-and-brimstone Calvinist preacher talking about the evils of whisky...

The preacher shows the congregation a big fat worm, then dumps it in a glass of whisky. In a few moments, the worm dies. He demands "What does this teach us about whisky?"

At which point some bright spark at the back shouts out: "If you've got worms, drink whisky!" :) ;)

I don't know if it would actually work, but it's got to be worth trying. ;)

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I've read that tape worms hook themselves onto the inside of the gut and as you pass food though they simply hang on to you, therefore yu need to stun them. You can eat the tabaco from one ciggy and that will have enough nicotine to stun them, then you need to make a bowel movement as soon afterwards as you can so that you knock them off and expel them while they are stuned.

I got a tape worm myself while travelling in India....very odd things they are too! I didn't know I had it and wondered why I was eating 4 or 5 main meals a day, was still always hungry (nothing new to me) and was also losing weight. I dropped from 14 stone to 10 stone in a few months while eating 3 times my normal food intake!!!!! No illness or tummy pain whatsoever!
Anyway, I then travelled on to Thailand where I got quite into binge drinking horrid Thai whiskey called "Mekong", which is a bit like mildly whiskey flavoured paint strippers and this seems to have killed my tape worm.
I was answering a call of nature one day and using the native way to wipe (no paper, just your hand and a jug of water) and I felt something odd back there....as I pulled it slowly and carefully out it looked like a clear plastic straw that had been heated in a microwave until it went all floppy... I flushed it away, washed my hands and bum and carried on about my day. Never had a problem since....lol :D

I've always said ever since that if you could develope a tapeworm that lived 6 months and then died of it's own accord you'd make a total fortune in the diet industry!!! Imagine, you drink a little thimble full of sugared water (with micro cist in it)...then eat as much as you like for the next 6 months and at the end you're doing Kate Moss skinny impressions!!! lol :D

Cheers,

Bam.

(Ps...if you look at this thread from then I know I posted about tape worms before, page three maybe...
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=4519&page=3&pp=10&highlight=tape+worm )

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I seem to remember reading somewhere that a "tea" made from the young heads of bracken shoots was a good purge for worms. I migth be wildly wrong so check it out elsewhere before taking my word for it.

ATB

Ogri the trog

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Right, just looked it up in the US Army Survival Manual:

It's chapter 3-26 in the actual book if you fancy reading all about it...there's several ways to clear them out mentioned in there. :D

Manual available online in PDA here but there numbering doesn't seem to be the same so you'll have to look through it online yourself.

Basically it's:

1)very salty water to drink
2)tabacco to eat...1 to 1.5 ciggy's
3)kerosene to drink
4)hot peppers to eat

I'm not giving exact amounts as if you want to try these methods it's up to you to find out the right quantities ;)

http://www.equipped.com/fm21-76.htm

Bam. :D

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
bambodoggy said:
I've always said ever since that if you could develope a tapeworm that lived 6 months and then died of it's own accord you'd make a total fortune in the diet industry!!! Imagine, you drink a little thimble full of sugared water (with micro cist in it)...then eat as much as you like for the next 6 months and at the end you're doing Kate Moss skinny impressions!!!

That's pretty much what some people used to do. There were two 'pills'. The first contained dried fish with worm eggs. The second contained some combination of toxic chemicals. People simply took the first pill, waited until they'd reached their desired weight, then took the second. Bizarre isn't it!

shadow57

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 28, 2005
Glossop, Derbyshire
Eating Oregano leaves or a few drops of oregano oil ..... kills all nastie intestinal parasites . If you use oil you need to dilute it ...as it will burn a hole through your head... :D

Oregano oil was used as a preservative in the old days. It is hard to get the oil in the uk and its expensive but you can get it here

http://www.paulboizot.co.uk/oils/oregano.htm

Dont mess with Bracken Shoots if you want to live a bit longer. An old cure for making women abort their baby.......was to run through the bracken or drink tea made from the shoots..

Starve them....will get rid.....Tape worm will come out either end...cannot be very nice coming out your mouth :eek:

John

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Ironically I was having a conversation about a tape worm earlier today. I was told by a friend that her father in law once got a tapeworm that went untreated for YEARS losing alot of weight, eventually swam up his his throat to get out as it was too big to get out anywhere else and prevented him from breathing until it was pulled out by a doctor. Apparently it was so big it looked more like a snake than a worm.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
This may sound like I know what I am talking about.

There are several different types of worms that affect humans. Thread, Hook, Round, Tape, Guinea. Each has its own unique lifestyle.

The easiest one to catch and the easiest to get rid of naturally is the thread worm or pinworm. It only lives 6 weeks before migrating out the back passage, laying 200 eggs, causing a lot of itching and then dying. If you can stop the cycle of scratching and then by one way or another transfering the eggs back to your's and other's mouths then you have a cure. In fact medicine is less important than doing just this.

As for the others they are not commonly brought to a UK GP, but if they are then modern medicine is certainly effective.

Some worms have pretty exotic lifestyles. You can even catch them just by walking on a beach in bare feet in countries where it is endemic.

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
Ogri the trog said:
I seem to remember reading somewhere that a "tea" made from the young heads of bracken shoots was a good purge for worms. I migth be wildly wrong so check it out elsewhere before taking my word for it.

ATB

Ogri the trog
its all covered in lofties THE SAS SURVIVAL HANDBOOK

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
A few years ago now i remember my dad telling me about his brother having a tape worm and using the munching a cigeratte to get rid of it, worked by all accounts. In my experiance non smokers could do the hole deal with two superkings, eat one then smoke the other a few min's later for the bowel movement!!!!
If you were really interested maybe a trip down the local oriental potion shop, they work wonders with natural remedies, just a thought!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE