How many of you have dogs?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

How many of you have a dog

• Total voters

leon-1

Unfortunately my old job was a bit prohibitive of having pets and as such I haven't got one of my own.

The upside is that my family have had dogs for a long time, we used to have a couple of collies up untill about three years ago.

The current dog is a German Spitz, who has a pedigree name from hell (Runfold On Silent Wings At Linbergh) and she looks like this

P3010037Small.jpg

Cute isn't it :eek:):

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
I have four dogs. Two Border Collies (both smooth coated) both addicted to sticks!
An English Springer Spaniel thats as mad as a hatter, but has a hell of a nose. Never known such a busy dog, tries to be in six place's at the same time and a rudder that never stops waggin'. Nothing bothers him when we're out, brambles, gorse or dog rose he just runs full pelt straight in :yikes:
The forth one is Georgina's wee dog, a collie x spaniel, a sweet little scraggy black bitch that fits right in with the other three nutters.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
When I was born my parents got a border collie... he was an awesome companion for 17 years bless him :cry:

We have an english mastif called Troy now, he's great. We were on a night out (Heavy drinking) in January years ago when we heard a whimpering noise from a garden. We looked in and in a tiny bare concrete garden with poo everywhere there were three tiny puppies huddled in a corner shivering. We knocked on the house door and gave the guy a complete ear full (He was lucky to only get verbal abuse) and took the puppies. We and two family friends adopted them and Troy is now in mid Wales with my parents living the easy life :)

MarkG

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 4, 2004
Wednesbury, West Mids
Well I've got a Black Labradoodle! Labrador poodle cross, and by the sounds of it completely mad just like everyone else's.

But she was stealing all of the duvet last night :rant: :wink:

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
I've lived alone in a first floor flat for the past 12 years, working on weekdays. As a result I haven't a dog, but really miss having them around. Max and Meg were rescued dogs that we adopted in 1982. Max lived a good (if thick-as-two-short-planks) life until succumbing to throat cancer in 1991, and I really miss him, even now*. Meg never got over Maxs death, but continued on for a little longer. I miss her too.

*This might sound unnecessarily mystical, or soppy, but there have been times when I've woken up crying after dreaming of Max - as if I'd lost something precious. It always seemed that when he appeared in a dream he was always a reassuring presence, something greater than a dog, watching over and out for me. Maybe he is.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
2 Whippets and they've caught loads of Rabbits , Hares and a couple of squirrels between them. The young'un piles into the bushes to flush the rabbit and usually gets scratched to bits in the exitement. The older and wiser one skirts the outside of the undergrowth and nails the rabbit when the young one flushes the rabbit out. How they work together is a joy to watch. They did it in full view of a family out for a sunday walk once and the daughter was a bit distressed at the nasty thin doggies killing the rabbit. I saw the family too late other wise I would have stopped them. I havn't trained them to do this. It's their instinct and it's just what they do, and are pretty good at it :?:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE