How many of you have dogs?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

How many of you have a dog

• Total voters

Shamisen

Jul 18, 2004
S.Wales
Snap tom tom I have a small JR too, she hasn't got a rabbit yet,
doesn't stop her trying though, and yes the rabbit would probably
be as big as her :eek:):

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Not at present but I grow up with dogs at one point my Dad had up to 20 dogs of several breds from Jack Russells to German Shepareds. At present we walk the inlaws mix (well he walks me).

Some day soon we hope to have one of are own.

James

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
Not yet - we're looking for one...

Andy wants a Welsh Terrier, but I'd rather have a springer - we'll get whatever the rescue home has available, since we have fairly specific requirements... 'Must be able to live with a cat (she's 17 and gets top priority), must get on with other dogs (especially Andy's work mate's terrier mutt), must be OK with loud noises (like chainsaws), and must be able to sit on Andy's lap in the front of the HiLux...' :eek:):

It would be nice to get a puppy and train it from the start, but a new pup would be hard for Andy to take out to work with him; I couldn't take it to work either, and neither of us can take time off / work from home until it had grown enough to be able to go out with Andy... :cry:

NickBristol

Forager
Feb 17, 2004
Bristol, UK
We've not got any at the mo as it's not been long since we lost two much-loved and adorable Staffies.

Next step is to get a Staffie pup and a Siberian Husky pup. Need to get them together so that they bond properly. Cant wait to see what trouble they cause :naughty:

NickBristol

Forager
Feb 17, 2004
Bristol, UK
Andy said:
never had a dog. If I ever get one I'd want something like the one in due south.

does anyone even know what programme I'm talking about?

I do :wave: loved that programme... cant remember if the dog (Diefenbaker ?) was blind or deaf. But it was one of the two.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
snowber.jpg

Heres my beast

Diefenbaker wasnt blind so he must have been deaf!

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
WE have a cross breed male, part rotweiller, german shepherd, greyhound and lab. He thinks he's a cat chases and eat mice, also beaver he chews wood logs we give him to play with into splinters. In the process of training him to pull a tobogan for winter use. We use dogs a lot in our family in all sort of ways: as a guard, draft animal, friend (pet), protector and warm pillow.
just a thought

P

PeterC

Got three retrievers, they all follow me everywhere,although they are actually the Girlfriends dogs. at the moment there's two on my feet and the third is trying to push one of the others away so it can get on my feet.

Must say that I prefer dogs to people, I've never met a dog I did'nt like, but met loads of people I didn't like.

george

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
N.W. Highlands (or in the shed!)
2 border collie/lab crosses. Mum and son. Mum had six pups about three years ago, got caught on her first season before we had got her spayed. We found homes for all of the pups except one before they were born, Unfortunately my lovely wife was pregnant and due to give birth just after pups were due.

After the pups were born she took one look and said "awe we have to keep just one, how will mum feel if we take all her pups away" she wouldn't listen to cool masculine reason :wink:

****** hormones, I'm the one who has to walk them.

George

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE