Banned dogs - thoughts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sidpost

Forager
Dec 15, 2016
Texas, USA
I was smart enough to know a Belgian Malinois was simply too active and high energy for my lifestyle and overall health. Neither the dog nor I would be happy as we would be a bit like Oil and Water. Unfortunately, that doesn't prevent a puppy mill from selling me a Belgian Malinois. Thankfully, I had the good sense to NOT buy one. My German Shepherd was a really a bit more active than I should have gotten but, he was a simply awesome dog and was my constant shadow and always there to brighten my day, I still miss him today!

Reactions: Ystranc

sidpost

Forager
Dec 15, 2016
Texas, USA
Today, I see too many people on Public Assistance thinking they struck gold by buying a breeding pair of dogs and selling puppies for $3,000 each. With no regard for genetics or personality profile, and generally deplorable living conditions, is it really any wonder why people who buy these dogs have broken hearts when it dies from cancer, suffers from hip dysplasia, or any number of other health or personality disorders?

I suspect a lot of the issues with dog bans in the UK are related to unscrupulous breeders and owners who are clueless about owning a dog, much less a large active breed. Do they even have basic dog-handling skills?

If the owner is not the Alpha "pack leader, any breed can be a problem. Grandma had a Minature Poodle and treated it like a child. Around other people, it was really aggressive, even with young kids as it was asserting its dominance over its 'territory', Grand Ma's house. Finally one day, I had enough as a ~70lb kid, and when it growled and snarled at me, I had enough and smacked it halfway across the empty room. Never any trouble with that dog after that as it figured out, the pecking order between the two of us.

Reactions: Ystranc

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE