How many of you are involved with Scouting?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
I'm an ESL and ASL. Have been with the same scout group on and off all of my life, wife helps out at rainbows. Both kids in scouts or guides.

Si

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Probably! My dad was my DC, uncle my GSL, aunt was my Akela, great uncle - Chief Scout for British Scouts in Europe (many, many years ago, based in Rheindahlen!) so I've no chance really:togo:

Another of the "usual suspects" here - do outdoors-y stuff with 1st Eynford & Farningham, plus helping at camp, building the campsite, putting stuff up taking stuff down.
We do a "family camp" every year in the Spring - the first two I went to, I showed assorted scouts how to light fires with firesteel and tinder. Haven't had to light a fire at camp since :D I expect I will be repeating last year's Knife and Axe course in the next few weeks...

Like Richard (lavretuk) above, I am also strictly non-uniform, and I suspect for the same reason ;)

cbkernow

Forager
Jun 18, 2009
cornwall
used to be, but I've recently moved from hampshire to cornwall for uni, so I've had to leave my old group (6th New forest east), and have yet to find out what ther is down here for me to get involved in.
speaking of which, I'm off to try to find out.

Where are you studying in Cornwall? I'm a Scout Leader in Falmouth, just down the road from the Tremough campus of University College Falmouth/University Exeter.
Lots of groups in Cornwall would love extra adults!!
Let me know if you need some help contacting the right people.

Have been involved with Scouting as an adult for three years now, done my leader training and am now involved with leader first aid training provision. Very lucky to have a place on the "IST" for next year's World Scout Jamboree in Sweden.

Just spent a great weekend at the Cornwall County Scout Winter Camp in Bodmin, very cold nights but lovely dry sunny days. I'm always happy when the canvas comes back dry!

Don't get to do much bushcrafty stuff with the scouts, would love to do more.

Last edited:

Muddyhands

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2010
Wiltshire
Yep me too for just under 10 years. Just come back from a hiking weekend with the Scouts.

And I love it!!

ASL 1st Bradford-on-Avon Scouts / County Network leader Wiltshire West

Snowfire

Forager
Jan 10, 2010
Cotswolds
Me too. Scouts and Cubs. Just been to a scout meeting tonight. :)

Don't do Beavers though - I leave that to our Beaver leader who has the patience of a saint.

V

vespasqf

139 Liberton then 3rd Leith both in Edinburgh. Loved every minute. Tried the BB's but nah too conservative for my liking!

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Thought about it. Enjoyed my scout days, particularly as a Venture scout.

But never liked the Religious side, even more so now being pagan. So the swearing of allegiance to the Queen and God puts me well of....

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thought about it. Enjoyed my scout days, particularly as a Venture scout.

But never liked the Religious side, even more so now being pagan. So the swearing of allegiance to the Queen and God puts me well of....

Think about it ...it says "to do my duty to god and the queen..."
Surely if you truely believe that you have no duty to them then doing your duty to them concists of ...nothing!
Now - does that put you off still? :D

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I put down atheist, got rejected. Changed to Buddhist. Same sort of thing "this world is not created and ruled by a God."

It's complicated I know, but personally my belief is in other people, not mystical gods (the basis of ubuntu & karma). If I did, I've believe in the FSM - May you forever be Touched by His Noodly Appendage.

I believe in the queen as well. She definately exists so no need for an FSM, though I don't see her relevance in todays scouting movement and again, an FSM would make an idea replacement.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE