How many of you are involved with Scouting?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

huffhuff

Forager
Sep 20, 2010
Hitchin, Hertfordshire
I just wondered how many leaders there are out there on the forum. I keep seeing bits and bobs about Scouts and wondered...

I can only imagine this 'hobby/way of life' is synonymous with Scouting leadery types!

I did think it would be good as a poll but not sure how to do that!

Ben - ASL, 11th Hitchin

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I was a warranted leader for 15 years (got my LSD) as ASL and VSL ...kind of lost contact when Ventures got "reorganised" :(

Tetley

Apr 21, 2008
Bremetannacum Vetenorum
mmm me too and the missus , Cubs , Scouts and just getting back to Explorers now , Mountain leaders , archery , shooting , suprised I have time for a job really PMSL

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
That be me sc"outed" then...

roebuck008copy-1.jpg

The scout forum exists here http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21 But I do tend to forget it exists myself...maybe it should be more pronounced...eh! Tony :D

Last edited:
S

sccadmin

I'm a cub helper as of last night! Thoroughly enjoyed it and will definitely be back for more.

lavrentyuk

Nomad
Oct 19, 2006
Mid Wales
I have been helping with Cubs, then Scouts and now Explorers in Lampeter for nearly ten years and was Chairperson for several. Can't be a Leader as I can't take the oath but I do everything else but wear the uniform.

Bit of payback for what Scouts did for me as a youth.

Richard

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i'm slowly and steadily being pulled back into scouting, wandering round peak camp and being accosted by half a dozen folk i'd forgotten all about didn't help. i've got the local venture scouts (i don't think they're called ventures anymore?) coming to visit at the next spitewinter meet, just to have a nosey really. hopefully by the new year i'll have few other things sorted out in my life and be able to make a proper commitment to scouts.

i'm curious richard, why can't you take the leaders oath?

cheers

stuart

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
used to be, but I've recently moved from hampshire to cornwall for uni, so I've had to leave my old group (6th New forest east), and have yet to find out what ther is down here for me to get involved in.
speaking of which, I'm off to try to find out.

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
I'll stand to and be counted. Scouting has been an enormous part of my life. Have held positions from Assistant Scoutmaster to District Committee Member. Aside from Troop positions my favorite have been District Training Team member and Boy Scout Roundtable Staff. Though hard, but rewarding, Unit Commisioner was vital as part of the District Commissioner's Staff. I have even held the professional / paid position of District Executive.

Col_M - A fellow coursemate from my BSA, National Executive Institute, in 1991 was from Czechoslovakia. We gave him the nickname "Andy" to help him fit in. A great guy with the challenging task of starting Scouting units after the rebirth of Scouting there in 1989. I have a class photo somewhere that might lsit his name. I'll have to look for it. I still have the CZ Scout pin he gave me.

Here is a photo I had handy to scan . It is at least five+ years old.

scan0001.jpg

Yours in Scouting,

Gordy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE