How many of us have become craftsmen, because of this forum?

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
+1 to crosslandkelly.
As a wood carver, I came here to learn what sorts of carvings bushcraft people like to do.
My interest in my veg garden and firecraft/bowdrill have gone up 10X.
So much so that also, I've tried a little bladesmithing (pix later) and really want
a few lessons in flint knapping, just for the experience.

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
I've made things i never thought i would make. Probably would have splashed out on some expensive alternative before i joined here.

I dont make a living from it, but i do enjoy it and i now know what everyone's getting for Christmas whether they like it or not...ie, Ikea cutlery Stoves..i'll let them work out what it's for, and some little leather bag thingies as well as a leather tool roll...rough as a badgers, but crafted by hand by some fat bloke in Scotland.
Beats Socks and Old spice any 25th of December.
In the process of fitting two Handles to a couple of Mark Hill woodies at the moment. I also now own a Singer 201k sewing machine, at the very least my trouser length now matches my leg length and i finally got round to adding a corner tab to my Poncho that ripped off somewhere around the mid 90's.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
This place has made me realise that I'm not an oddball for having a drawer in my desk full of corks, bits of wire, bizarre tools I've picked up at car boots and a myriad of other gubbins... and in all honesty I haven't sketched out ideas for things I'd like to make so much since I was a teenager.

Must be something about seeing other people adapt things, create things and generally make nice bits of kit from what they can find, along with a genuinely friendly attitude that is extremely welcoming.

I may be getting some odd looks from my friends when I try and explain my foldable firepit ideas or why I'm suddenly visiting sailmakers, but frankly, I don't care. This is just plain fun and its rubbing off on the kids... they're ditching the computers and the game consoles and building things in the garden, sitting underneath parachutes and tarps... they're having fun outside at last!!!

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I began making my own clothes not long after I joined here, primarily as a money saving exercise, (ha, ha!). One thing led to another and here I am. I'm not sure I fall into the craftsman category just yet, but I'm getting the hang of some of it. I shall be ever grateful for the support and encouragement I have received from the members here. Thank you.

I wear my coat quite a bit. I'm wearng it in my last FB profile pic for my work page.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
I would never consider myself a craftsman in company such as other people on here but I have found myself sowing ( of a fashion) a lot more so much so I find myself repairing the kids clothes etc 😳😳

Sent from somewhere?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE